Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Do disciples games have less external diplomacy, since you have to agree with teammates about foreign policy?

In addition I would imagine that everyone is primed and ready with SC's (as long as you don't imprison them accidentally *cough*).

Purple, how will you be a menace in this game when you have two teammates to try and keep you in check?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Ramc posted:

also i see we are going with the dormant LPer strat

Howareu took the scales build where he does an LP of a game with tons of people in it. Lots of content from folks talking about their own stuff in the beginning.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

ousire posted:

So when a team game is won, only the team leader gets to become the new one true supreme being, right? Fluffwise, what do you think happens to the other gods on the team? Think they've earned their own minor godhood or something, or are they just inevitably backstabbed and locked away by the new Pantokrator like a lot of the Pretender flavor texts imply? :v:

I think they get imprisoned after a few millenia. Pantokrators are not reasonable deities.

But hey, imprisoned > Tartarus!

Just means you can take a crack at the next game of Pantakrator, and maybe you have a few extra levels of magic you empowered yourself in last time.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Tulip posted:

These teams seem...brutal. Mesopotamia in particular just seems rough from day 1.

Perun started up a disciples game on YouTube where his team is all EA water Nations designed for maximum badgering (and a no popkill therados, so no cool ghost hoplites)

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Is the game winner text different in disciples games? Just realized I have never seen a disciples game winning text.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Tulip posted:

that LP where you were Lanka and Lilli still had a good reputation has left a truly massive mark on the forums

I thought Lilli's reputation was fine, beyond the sudden burnout back then? Wasn't it modpud who was the Dominions player whose reputation tanked after it was discovered they were cheating?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Angry Lobster posted:

What? I don't know that one.

Modpuds original LP, she changed her name to Garth Ferengi.

If I'm saying anything wrong, someone please correct me.

From my memory.
Modpud used to be a heavy Dom4 modder with a number of popular mods. She began hosting Dom4 games. Since she was hosting she was able to get access to other players turn files and view/change orders and she also downloaded the Dom Maps and looked for hidden sites offline. In addition, some of her mods were customized to give discounts on specific Nations she chose to play as. This was eventually discovered and she left the community. Around the same time it was discovered that she was cheating in a MechWarrior game too (hit scanning or something like that, unsure of details.)

This topic was discussed either in the main dominions topic or possibly RAMC's let's play. I just piped up because I think folks are confusing Lilli with modpud, since both are women Dominions modders, so it can cause confusion. If there is something else that hurt Lilli's reputation im unaware (besides her large burnout during her let's play that demon and builds participated in).

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
You are all missing an important point.

That sweet sweet feeling when an investment of 15 gold can cause a larger loss of gold amongst your enemy because of friendly fire or some heroic Mook/commander murdering a few guys before getting stabbed in the face.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

How are u posted:

Hey friends, so if the forums come out of this intact and under new management I will very enthusiastically be finishing this LP.

If known serial-abuser Richard Kyanka pulls the plug and everything just disappears into the internet tubes then just know that I'm grateful for your company and participation in my dumb LPs and for being cool and nice people to post about games with on the internet.

If you're a fan of Dominions LPs but have never tried the game I encourage you to join the goon Dom5 discord (linked in the Dom5 games thread) and throw the game on your steam wishlist because it goes on sale for like $12 all the time. Join our cool and relaxed community of idiots who like throwing pixel men against each other.

Hey How are u, with the news on the purchase, will you be working on the LP again? Or do you want to see the site firmly in Jeff's hands first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Oh good you are back!

I didn't realize I still had this bookmarked.