Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

The Mesopotamian Menace has a god. A god designed by 3 VERY different races that all vaguely reside in the same area of not-earth. The big problem is we all like a different amount of HEAT scale. Ur likes it a little hot (Heat 1), while Hinnom likes it VERY hot (Heat 2) and Caelum likes it a little cold (Cold 1). We get an imprisoned pretender (Surprise! All our Disciples are Imprisoned too!) for more points so we can make up our lovely Hot/Cold scales with other scales. We also get E4, S7, B4 for Reinvig x2 (for me and one of my buddies), Arcane Finesse (for me), Blood Surge (for my other buddy). And I get S7, so I can summon my best end-game national summon, which breaks me into every elemental magic. We're riding the Luck 3 / Chaos 3 Lottery, with maxed production, growth, and magic. What can go wrong?

Oh. That's right. I am Ur. Ur is not a good nation. Ur is actually 3 nations smashed together into one horrible, hard to get rolling mess.

Ur's main force is a bunch of half-giants that are both expensive and not-quite big enough to be worth being expensive. They're okay when being lead by your normal commanders, and moderately good when you put them under control of one of your "Kings" the Ensi.

This guy can run complex military strategies like "stand in a line, not in a big clump so that arrows can kill you all." He's also got the potential to go W3, or W2/N2, which is pretty good for spell casting, but not exactly game changing.

Ur is also about building random labs in dumb random places, like forests, swamps and wastes, so that you can recruit wild guys that can go elf-stealth and raid enemy territory and gain access to high Earth, Nature, and some light Death magics. These are all good things, but finding the right place (especially wastes) and not being able to put a fort on them to recruit the cool dudes means that recruitment is stupid and slow. And expensive.

Finally Ur can go underwater, and once they get a foothold there they turn into a psudo-underwater nation including an underwater only potential W3 mage (which can get W5 very easily with Construction). And that means I'll be very hard to shift out of a lake without any real underwater nations to fight me.

But with us being "kinda okay" at so many things we're "really good" at none of these things, so as soon as someone realizes "Oh, it's Ur" I go splat. Hopefully diplomacy, Hinnom, and Caelum will keep people off my back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Donkringel posted:

Do disciples games have less external diplomacy, since you have to agree with teammates about foreign policy?

In addition I would imagine that everyone is primed and ready with SC's (as long as you don't imprison them accidentally *cough*).

Purple, how will you be a menace in this game when you have two teammates to try and keep you in check?

I found throughout the game that people would come to me to talk about foreign policy for the team. I would then report back their offers to my teammates and tell them "do whatever you want, I've got your back."

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Tulip posted:

These teams seem...brutal. Mesopotamia in particular just seems rough from day 1.

Our only chance is good diplomacy! What could go wrong?

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Rappaport posted:

I'm falling for :thejoke: here, but surely this could only mean ?

The Ur approach to diplomacy. As the head of Team Mesopotamia our negotiations are as follows:

- People message me about what my team-mates are doing, asking for NAPs.
- I say "I'll go over it with my buddy, but we're probably good."
- I tell my buddy "So-and-so was asking about you. Do whatever you want, I've got your back."
- They know I don't really have their back because I'm Ur and Ur sucks.
- Hopefully nobody else realizes this and attacks us/me.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Arcvasti posted:

Team Mesopotamia:
-domscore >= 4
-"master of men's fates" sounds like astral, maybe with some order. Not listed though.
-astral >= 4
-blood >= 1

Guesses about these epithets:
-no idea what on earth ur is doing either

Neither do I!