Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i remain a fallout 1 loyalist, and i think fallout should be tense, foreboding, and terrifying, with just enough cutesy veneer to disarm you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

obligatory: you can have a post-nuclear wasteland adventure that is tense, foreboding, and terrifying in rimworld. you may also have a child named shaun in it, if you like

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

well-read undead posted:

i remain a fallout 1 loyalist, and i think fallout should be tense, foreboding, and terrifying, with just enough cutesy veneer to disarm you
fallout 1 is really something else. walked so that others may run

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

dioxazine posted:

you can have a post-nuclear wasteland adventure that is tense, foreboding, and terrifying in

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

you are thinking of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

stalker is missing the jovial elements

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cheeki breeki is pretty fuckin jovial imo

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i really want to like STALKER but the gunplay is even worse than fallout 3

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i've never actually played fallout 1 or 2

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Elder Postsman posted:

same

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

try it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

cheeki breeki is pretty fuckin jovial imo

true

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I want to know what psychopath doesn't use the Wild Wasteland trait.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Elder Postsman posted:

they really are very good

fallout 2 can be a bit eye-rolly in retrospect, but the flexibility of the systems and the responsiveness to your choices are remarkable. i'll always treasure my unarmed stupid playthrough, i loled so much at that

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

wasteland 2 & 3 were good imo

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i've only just started wasteland 3, but couldn't work up the motivation to keep going. nothing against the game, just other things on my mind

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

they both start slow iirc

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

been meaning to try the wasteland games for years now. maybe one day

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

dioxazine posted:

i've only just started wasteland 3, but couldn't work up the motivation to keep going. nothing against the game, just other things on my mind
you just gotta get past the canyon bro

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Elder Postsman posted:

oh yeah? i haven't played any fallouts :smug:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

weird flex for the james thread

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

oh yeah? i haven't played any fallouts :smug:
play fallout 1 ciaphas

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

play fallout 1 ciaphas

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Kenny Logins posted:

play fallout 1 ciaphas

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

play fallout 1 ciaphas

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

at one point GOG would just add FO1, FO2, and FO Tactics to people's accounts for free. idk if that's still the case though

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Branch Nvidian posted:

it’s awesome that this exists, but it is deeply humorous to me that to play this game in tyool2024 you have to install like 30 mods to fix the broken piece of poo poo Bethesda is still selling

its because you don't actually have to install any of these mods to play the game

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

all fallout media including the tv show are flawed in different ways but also very fun to consume.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kenny Logins posted:

play fallout 1 ciaphas
i might read an LP but CRPGs just don't do it for me tbh

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

c Finnish Alchemy Fanfic Simulator s: dare you enter my magical realm?

https://i.imgur.com/beBDbji.mp4

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

is there any bethesda game that isn't like this

technically fo76 since multiplayer means a bunch of geometry and game-changing mods can't exist/get ignored by the server. but there are mods. they replace textures with bigger ones, make small items visible for low-vision users, or alter the map and inventory management ui. mods aren't allowed per se but if you're not duping bethesda doesn't care so there's several popular ones

the difference is, the dev team is still involved so they'll add features and fixes if the community needs them. neat ones are text inputs for various item stacks so inventory management doesn't suck and adding persistent community drop boxes since players were using blue suitcases at train stations to share items with other wanderers passing through

rotor posted:

wasteland 2 & 3 were good imo

2 is one of the few game kickstarters that really delivered hard. i enjoyed it and the big pile of kit they sent me with my copy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
preordered little kitty big city :getin:

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

ffxvi dlc was good. leviathan boss fight whipped rear end on the highest difficulty

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

c noita s: wrapping up this god run. or trying to anyway - the scripted death at the end couldn't kill me so I have to be a bit more drastic

been sitting in the center of the uusi aurinko for like 20 minutes now watching it shave off 3.5 million health - seems to be getting exponentially slower for some reason

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 19, 2024

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

graph posted:

preordered little kitty big city :getin:

same

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

x poastin

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

just noticed that subnautica ultimate bundle is 70% off on steam

That's the original game and below zero (and soundtracks) for just over $20

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

although the individual games are also on sale, and buying just the games is cheaper than the bundle

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

who cares about video game soundtracks on steam anyway

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

quad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

wasteland 3, deadfire, and firework are on sale