Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Fool posted:

who cares about video game soundtracks

ridge racer type 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

dioxazine posted:

wasteland 3, deadfire, and firework are on sale

idk about the other 2 but the wastelands are v good imo

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

graph posted:

ridge racer type 4

many video games have good soundtracks, but I specifically said "on steam" because I have no idea why anyone would use steam as a music purchasing platform

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

rotor posted:

idk about the other 2 but the wastelands are v good imo

deadfire is quite good as well, I know nothing about firework

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1288310/Firework/

it's a classic horror investigative style game

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

oblivion override updated to 1.1 and on sale for $12. sci fi dead cells it's extremely good

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1952370/Oblivion_Override/

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

The Fool posted:

just noticed that subnautica ultimate bundle is 70% off on steam

That's the original game and below zero (and soundtracks) for just over $20

below zero was really disappointing compared to the original. doesn’t make me hopeful for their next entry

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

dioxazine posted:

wasteland 3, deadfire, and firework are on sale

awesome! nabbed wasteland 3 to round out the trilogy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i played wasteland 3 for a bit and then hit a small combat wall and got bored

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

i played wasteland 3 for a bit and then hit a small combat wall and got bored

combat in the wastelands isnt exactly the most thrilling part of it, usually

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

there should be more rpgs with no combat

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

quiggy posted:

honestly the next white wolf vampire game someone pinches out really should take a lot from disco elysium

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

honestly the next white wolf vampire game someone pinches out really should take a lot from disco elysium

oh hell yeah, that's the perfect setting for a system like that

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

quiggy posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

quiggy posted:

are you island sanctuary gang yet?

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

quiggy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKoJQhB1JAk

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Jonny 290 posted:

are you island sanctuary gang yet?

i've fiddled with it but nah mine is like level 4 or some poo poo

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

quiggy posted:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
lol i’ve save-scummed this fight to save volo from the mob like seven times, and the closest i’ve come to rescuing his dumb rear end was the time he got far enough from the explosion to not get vaporized but still got knocked into the ocean and drowned. stop running through the fire you idiot

i’ll try a new strat tomorrow but maybe this didn’t need to be quite so bring-telekinesis-or-bust

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

while not exactly following disco elysium there is a free isometric point-and-click game jam(?) game called Vampire: Heartless Lullaby that I felt captured the mood of the setting really well.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1926120/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Heartless_Lullaby/

E: it looks like they're working on a sequel too

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

rjmccall posted:

lol i’ve save-scummed this fight to save volo from the mob like seven times, and the closest i’ve come to rescuing his dumb rear end was the time he got far enough from the explosion to not get vaporized but still got knocked into the ocean and drowned. stop running through the fire you idiot

i’ll try a new strat tomorrow but maybe this didn’t need to be quite so bring-telekinesis-or-bust

How many turns do you need to clear the mob? I misty stepped to him on the first round of combat to get him out then he ran away on his own. Maybe misty step to help him then banish him or something? Sanctuary? But that doesn’t protect against AOE

I had to redo the fight once when I didn’t notice they had lit the oil slick or whatever so after the dust cleared and the fight was over he exploded lol

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

ADINSX posted:

I had to redo the fight once when I didn’t notice they had lit the oil slick or whatever so after the dust cleared and the fight was over he exploded lol

lol same. i tried one more time but he ended up setting himself on fire anyway, so i said fine,idiot, and moved on

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I’ve been doing the new kairos gate content in ff16, just cleared floor 15 of 20, been at this for a few hours now, and the goddamn game encounters and error and crashes, losing all of my progress……

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

The Fool posted:

many video games have good soundtracks, but I specifically said "on steam" because I have no idea why anyone would use steam as a music purchasing platform

sometimes it's the only place you can find it

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

itch has a palestinian relief bundle up for anyone who is interested in having a gamut of strange indie titles in their account

https://itch.io/b/2321/palestinian-relief-bundle

as far as i can tell, the proceeds will all go to the palestinian children's relief fund. i do not know more than that

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the recent sale discussion reminded me that I never did finish deadfire, so I picked up the dlc and started a new game

it's still a good game, but in a post bg3 world it is really hard to not make constant comparisons while playing it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

a cool dude on the YOSPOS discord found this, which has things to make a bunch of PC games do split-screen co-op

https://www.splitscreen.me/

looking forward to spending 3 days trying to find this post in a year when I want to try it!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

c Level 20 D&D Wizard Sim s: made a Dark Sun :toot:

the key ingredient was the same as the last sun I made a while back, with a kakkakikkare a poop stone. literally

next task: use a weirdly-high-gravity instrument to drag the dark sun aallllll the way up into the sun I made before, destroying both and most of the world along with it, because doing so gives my character a crown in future runs

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i love this weirdass loving game

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Ciaphas posted:

c Level 20 D&D Wizard Sim s: made a Dark Sun :toot:

the key ingredient was the same as the last sun I made a while back, with a kakkakikkare a poop stone. literally

next task: use a weirdly-high-gravity instrument to drag the dark sun aallllll the way up into the sun I made before, destroying both and most of the world along with it, because doing so gives my character a crown in future runs

wizards: no sense of right and wrong

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

is that noita?

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Subjunctive posted:

a cool dude on the YOSPOS discord found this, which has things to make a bunch of PC games do split-screen co-op

https://www.splitscreen.me/

looking forward to spending 3 days trying to find this post in a year when I want to try it!

that sounds rad, if i had a reasonable non-ancient gaming pc right now i'd give it a try

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

finns: no sense of right and wrong

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The Fool posted:

is that noita?
yep

Roosevelt posted:

finnish wizards: no sense of right and wrong

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roosevelt posted:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

be gay do wizard crimes

https://i.imgur.com/OK7Zq9T.mp4

(e) this played at like 1/4 speed ingame because each bolt is actually 100+ chainsaws stacked up

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 21, 2024

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

man noita was a lot of fun

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
man that fight against raphael was looking to be pretty rough

and then i remembered i was a cleric of lethander and leveled all the little demons in two rounds

still had to use the extra cleric’s divine intervention, but that’s what she’s there for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

new run, already taking off pretty well i think

https://i.imgur.com/V1orvcr.mp4
just got sauvojen tuntija the connosieur of wands Squidward to own itself, which is always fun