Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/maxbittker/status/1782645521888247956

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

surely just generated. like, even though people do write huge conditional stacks i really doubt anyone would stick the localization throughout manually.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they would if they wrote out one statement with localization before the copying and pasting started

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

you may not like it but this is what peak software design looks like

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

when the code to that vvvvvv game was released, it was found that there is a 3000+ line switch statement in the core game logic

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

seems fine to me. it’s fast enough, he’s adding one card or three at a time and can have arbitrarily complex conditions for them that can be tuned individually without having to write some lambda-chaining templated DSL

Balatro is basically a card-hand interpreter, gotta have a big loop in those!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i wanna see the internal logic for like MTG online or is there a yugioh online? anyway that poo poo must be insane

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

showing this to my team lead and banishing him to the negative zone forever

Pile Of Garbage posted:

i wanna see the internal logic for like MTG online or is there a yugioh online? anyway that poo poo must be insane

when you see a good infinite going in MTG:A it's zachtronics-levels of satisfying seeing all the different effects go off

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pile Of Garbage posted:

the old mtgo brings even my ryzen box to a howling, steaming halt, guarantee its awful

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ciaphas posted:

new run, already taking off pretty well i think
update: run ended after watching The Stunlock Gang take over a minute to whittle down 4000 health (you start at 100) through partial immunity
https://i.imgur.com/uD9Sph7.mp4

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the rimworld experience

https://twitter.com/revhowardarson/status/1782907898437537974

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

this is true

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i bought against the storm last night. my sleep schedule immediately regrets this decision.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

quiggy posted:

i bought against the storm last night. my sleep schedule immediately regrets this decision.
it’s so good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i thought that was fun but stopped playing it a while back

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

up to the final boss in AC6 (went for the liberation ending i think), been procrastinating fighting them because they're hard and also i'm enjoying mucking around with different builds.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pile Of Garbage posted:

up to the final boss in AC6 (went for the liberation ending i think), been procrastinating fighting them because they're hard and also i'm enjoying mucking around with different builds.

hell yeah

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

YEAH!

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Pile Of Garbage posted:

don't worry, you'll still have plenty of time to muck around with builds since you need to beat it two more times (ng++) to see all the endings. AND you unlock some new parts in ng+!!!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
video

James!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

well-read undead posted:

don't worry, you'll still have plenty of time to muck around with builds since you need to beat it two more times (ng++) to see all the endings. AND you unlock some new parts in ng+!!!

oh yeah i'm already planning on running down all the endings.

btw while ya'll are here got any tips for the final boss?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Pile Of Garbage posted:

oh yeah i'm already planning on running down all the endings.

btw while ya'll are here got any tips for the final boss?
iirc the only thing that worked for me was hyper-aggressive close range weapons on a fast, light frame that can constantly close range. think i had two swords, a shotgun, and that really-powerful-might-have-been-nerfed-since double-shot grenade launcher

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

nice, that's what i've been leaning towards, prolly gonna try with a pulse gun and zimmerman. also they nerfed the SONGBIRDS? doesn't show lol those things are crazy.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yeah that was it - a zimmerman, two songbirds (maybe I'm thinking of something else they nerfed, it's been a long while), and the first sword you get. may also try two zimmermans instead of the sword. i spent something like 75% of the fight burning energy on sprinting toward and to the side of the target, and being real careful not to go red. iirc i also always fired the zimmermans coming out of said sprint; don't remember if it was for more damage or better tracking or what

good luck, that boss is a poo poo-kicker

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

q!=e

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

zimms and songbirds have both been nerfed, zimms are still good but not absurd; I’d prefer an earshot over a songbird every time now

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

one of the things i'm really digging about AC6 is how half of the challenge is with the combat mechanics and the other half is with putting together not just a good build but a build which is well suited for the mission. playing the game i felt myself getting better at both, better able to dodge on warning and better understanding of the different stats for each part and how they can synergise to make a great build. all the times ive found myself stuck on a boss ive managed to get through it by changing up my build.

very cool and good poo poo!

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

zimms and songbirds have both been nerfed, zimms are still good but not absurd; I’d prefer an earshot over a songbird every time now

ah yeah ok. that prolly explains why every single loving guide i see for the game has "dual zimms dual songbirds" for like every single loving boss lol. i tried it one time and found it sucked, had much better success mixing high-impact kinetics with melee, missiles and a grenade launcher.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
lae’zel took me out to look at the sunrise last night. goddamn, these scenes are so well done. the faces are just amazing — invitation, vulnerability, desire

i guess we’re still pretty far from being able to model interactions well enough to make things like holding hands or kissing not feel like mashing barbies into each other

also people don’t talk about it much but the supporting game for this dating simulator is surprisingly good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pile Of Garbage posted:

ah yeah ok. that prolly explains why every single loving guide i see for the game has "dual zimms dual songbirds" for like every single loving boss lol. i tried it one time and found it sucked, had much better success mixing high-impact kinetics with melee, missiles and a grenade launcher.

dual zimms is still quite functional but requires a tactics tailored to the loadout, dual songbirds is probably a mistake

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
when I played it was usually dual songbirds, one zimm, and the laser lance, on a quad leg platform so I could hover and just bull through stuff. this was easy mode at the time, it's probably been further nerfed since then

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 24, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

rjmccall posted:

lae’zel took me out to look at the sunrise last night. goddamn, these scenes are so well done. the faces are just amazing — invitation, vulnerability, desire

i guess we’re still pretty far from being able to model interactions well enough to make things like holding hands or kissing not feel like mashing barbies into each other

also people don’t talk about it much but the supporting game for this dating simulator is surprisingly good

naughty dog did a pretty good kiss in the last of us part 2, but there was probably a massive amount of work and effort behind it and bespoke models/rigs for that shot and etc

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

rjmccall posted:

yeah they spent so much effort on that cut-scene sort of stuff, it’s insane. I’m playing Dragon’s Dogma 2 now and it’s like someone airburst a botox bomb in comparison

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i thought about ddog2, but i figure i can wait since i want to do another mountain blade bannerlord run

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

you can james if you want to, you can leave your james behind. but if your james don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no james of mine

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Pile Of Garbage posted:

you can james if you want to, you can leave your james behind. but if your james don't dance and if they don't dance then they're no james of mine

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Captain Foo posted:

dual zimms is still quite functional but requires a tactics tailored to the loadout, dual songbirds is probably a mistake

last time we were playing, which was after the big nerfs but not current patch, my wife was running 1 songbird 1 stun needle as shoulder weapons and just absolutely embarrassing enemies with that. don't remember hand weapons but probably at least one zimm, maybe another hard-hitter like a bazooka? anyway, she did the fight against king, chartreuse, and raven at the dam and my jaw dropped to the floor. that was such a hard fight and she looked like a bully giving some nerds a swirlie

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's a very sweet game, rotor. loving and happy