Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

c against the storm s: cleared my first rune, which are effectively boss maps. instead of having to build Reputation, which is how you normally win, you instead have to complete four tasks, which led me to build the most sprawling mess of a city ive ever made

game is real good

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

looking for an rts to play, something new ish and starcraft like but not starcraft

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

homeworld 3 releases on 13 may if you can wait

PatRichCapone
Sep 24, 2003

*scoffs* *meows*

MrQueasy posted:

What should I play next? I want to play more ARPG, but I also don’t want to play Path of Exile.

Last Epoch

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

MrQueasy posted:

What should I play next?

oblivion override

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

out of curiosity how is this, it looks like a less grognardy path of exile which has a certain appeal

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
finished bg3. so good. flew off on a dragon with my lady love. sort of wish i could actually play through the epic githyanki civil war campaign

now i guess i’m supposed to play it twenty more times

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

im glad that bg3 exists and it’s a very well made game and the freedom to approach almost every situation is mind boggling, but jeeeeeez i just can’t get into such a heavy story driven game these days. I tried playing coop with a friend and we got to the underdark and man, I just don’t care about any of it lol. not for me I guess

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

polyester concept posted:

im glad that bg3 exists and it’s a very well made game and the freedom to approach almost every situation is mind boggling, but jeeeeeez i just can’t get into such a heavy story driven game these days. I tried playing coop with a friend and we got to the underdark and man, I just don’t care about any of it lol. not for me I guess

It can be if you want, by midway through act 3 I was pretty checked out of the story but the combat was so fun.

Oh you’re so and so from act 1? If you say so that was like 50 hours ago, wanna fight?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

c against the storm s: opened a forbidden glade, which revealed a huge mole creature. i can heal the creature for forty herbs plus some temporary debuffs, but i don't have herbs. i called the trader to buy them, bought a bunch of herbs, then waited for the storm to clear. then i went to heal the mole, realized i accidentally used some of those herbs to make packs of provisions, the trader has left, and i can't do anything about the mole which will now destroy a huge portion of my town

i can maybe gamble by calling another trader early but the queen is mighty impatient at the moment and i might be headed towards my first loss

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I JUST HAD oops caps lock i just had what i thought was a steamroll deck going in slay the spire and decided i'd collect all the key pieces and go for it

lol. lmao

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

ADINSX posted:

It can be if you want, by midway through act 3 I was pretty checked out of the story but the combat was so fun.

Oh you’re so and so from act 1? If you say so that was like 50 hours ago, wanna fight?

yeah the vaunted continuity — genuinely pretty great, overall — broke down in my run a couple times. sometimes it was just retreading a bunch of dialogue that i’d actually reached before, sometimes it was “i sort of remember you but you were a lot less important than the game seems to think”, sometimes it was “i don’t think i actually did this thing that you’re assuming”. like in the final wrap-up camp scene, there was a lot of dialogue about halsin having a ton of children to look after, not just the demigod but like a bunch of orphans, and i don’t know what that was about at all. maybe something from act 3? except halsin was orin’s victim for me, and i never did anything with him in the party, so yeah

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

does bg3 do the slideshow ending thing? if so, i believe it's a legal requirement that at least one slide will be completely wrong about how you completed a quest

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

well-read undead posted:

does bg3 do the slideshow ending thing? if so, i believe it's a legal requirement that at least one slide will be completely wrong about how you completed a quest

when I beat dragons age 3 (I think) there was a dude in the big ending cinematic who i had never met lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
wasteland 2 & 3 were good cause at the end they had a country & western song play about your various deeds

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

wasteland 2 & 3 were good cause at the end they had a country & western song play about your various deeds

wait a minute maybe I should revisit these

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

PokeJoe posted:

wait a minute maybe I should revisit these

you can find some easily on youtube but obvy it includes some high level spoilers cause it recounts all the poo poo u did

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i liked the idea of those games they just didn't rope me in but I could give em another shot maybe

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

PokeJoe posted:

i liked the idea of those games they just didn't rope me in but I could give em another shot maybe

same

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

idgi

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's a "cow tools" parody OP

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

it's a "cow tools" parody OP

??? could you explain it to me?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

sure. cow tools is a famous comic from "the far side" by Gary Larson

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

(it's disco elysium)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

quiggy posted:

out of curiosity how is this, it looks like a less grognardy path of exile which has a certain appeal

it’s pretty good, loot filter and crafting is great, endgame doesn’t have a ton of depth yet. the main competitor is PoE though which has a decade of development head start on it. overall qol for an arpg is high. you can blast through the campaign with anything and you can respec almost everything except your ascendancy choice, so you can’t brick your build by trying stuff out

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i'm kinda tempted.

i was tempted by poe a while back, but got turned off since it just seemed kinda, idk, unfriendly? like people feel the need to ask "can you play poe as a casual" and the response was not a resounding yes, which makes me not want to play it.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

last epoch seems fairly well received. a few mates like it, but i could not say for myself

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

polyester concept posted:

this more of a forgotten realms problem imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

an early official patch removed a bug where boone could see enemies from any distance and you’d constantly get the death animation for something halfway across the map. i hope there’s a mod to put that back in because it was hilarious

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I enjoyed my time with last epoch

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

jesus WEP posted:

an early official patch removed a bug where boone could see enemies from any distance and you’d constantly get the death animation for something halfway across the map. i hope there’s a mod to put that back in because it was hilarious

I was doing the uss constitution stuff with nick and any time I was near it outdoors (arriving, leaving, on the top deck) he would just repeat “I don’t know what amazes me more, that this ship is on top of a building, or that this ship is STILL on top of a building.” as someone who somehow never experienced the funny bugs I quite like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Captain Foo posted:

it’s pretty good, loot filter and crafting is great, endgame doesn’t have a ton of depth yet. the main competitor is PoE though which has a decade of development head start on it. overall qol for an arpg is high. you can blast through the campaign with anything and you can respec almost everything except your ascendancy choice, so you can’t brick your build by trying stuff out

hmm maybe ill check it out, thanks