Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

jesus WEP posted:

an early official patch removed a bug where boone could see enemies from any distance and you’d constantly get the death animation for something halfway across the map. i hope there’s a mod to put that back in because it was hilarious

and we were worse for it, gonna add that to my mod hunt to get my old save working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
huh

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

checks out

i should go kill off the high command in my save some time, never did that.

i did energy weapons on my run which was apparently a bad choice since they’re not great in new vegas

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i love that caesar is a big dumb dipshit who just happens to know what "rome" and "hegelian dialectics" are

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also who tf is snuffles

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

quiggy posted:

also who tf is snuffles

hes an NPC mole rat from some weird town near the deathclaw area

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

yeah it's the town next to the quarry (sloan). snuffles is injured but you can heal it if you have enough points in medicine.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

that's a smart fuckin mole rat

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

gently caress i forgot to turn my monitor on

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

slay the spire s: had another steamrolling build where i had a shitload of poison multipliers and the cards that make you invulnerable for a turn. i’d use the invuln cards for the first few turns to get the machine rolling after which i’d stack up the poison and bosses would melt in a few turns. i managed to stack over 500 poison onto the third act’s boss

so i must be good for the heart, right?

nope it stuffed all my important cards to the bottom of the deck and one-shot me on the second turn

:suicide:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Eeyo posted:

checks out

i should go kill off the high command in my save some time, never did that.

i did energy weapons on my run which was apparently a bad choice since they’re not great in new vegas

I accidentally purged caesar's camp in my original save due to a quicksave flub. it was quite harrowing at the time and I was both mad and a bit excited because I knew I closed off some story, but also it made me commit to a big action only mid-way through the game :getin:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

slay the spire s: had another steamrolling build where i had a shitload of poison multipliers and the cards that make you invulnerable for a turn. i’d use the invuln cards for the first few turns to get the machine rolling after which i’d stack up the poison and bosses would melt in a few turns. i managed to stack over 500 poison onto the third act’s boss

so i must be good for the heart, right?

nope it stuffed all my important cards to the bottom of the deck and one-shot me on the second turn

:suicide:

neow giveth and neow taketh away

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
cjs: beat dragons dogma 2. plot and characters were entirely forgettable but the exploring and combat made up for it. can still throw goblins off cliffs and give my pawns high fives 10 outa 10

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

quiggy posted:

i love that caesar is a big dumb dipshit who just happens to know what "rome" and "hegelian dialectics" are

tim_pool.txt

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

rotor posted:

hes an NPC mole rat from some weird town near the deathclaw area

Eeyo posted:

yeah it's the town next to the quarry (sloan). snuffles is injured but you can heal it if you have enough points in medicine.

god i love new vegas, definitely never found this guy :allears:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you’ll meet him if you play act I properly i.e.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
on my current run and im probably gonna have done 2 of the DLCs before i even enter the strip

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

jesus WEP posted:

i have done this but i still missed him! game big

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hes next to the generator you can also repair.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

quiggy posted:

c against the storm s: opened a forbidden glade, which revealed a huge mole creature. i can heal the creature for forty herbs plus some temporary debuffs, but i don't have herbs. i called the trader to buy them, bought a bunch of herbs, then waited for the storm to clear. then i went to heal the mole, realized i accidentally used some of those herbs to make packs of provisions, the trader has left, and i can't do anything about the mole which will now destroy a huge portion of my town

i can maybe gamble by calling another trader early but the queen is mighty impatient at the moment and i might be headed towards my first loss

update: was unable to heal the mole creature in time, managed to clear most of my city away from it but two humans died when it caused an earthquake. a few earthquakes later i managed to heal it, just barely eked out a win despite the queen's impatience at one point getting to within a single point of failure

game is so, so good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
learning alot about mole creature healing today

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shaggar posted:

learning alot about mole creature healing today

fair warning make sure you have lots of cleansing flame on hand because the mole creature will infect your buildings with blightrot and spike the forest's hostility while you're healing it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the best reveal about caesar is that hes just a ben shapiro who has memorized random roman words

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
titan quest: act one is so blah, but act two is leaning a bit into the dungeon siege vibes and starting to have a bit more fun with the level design. I probably shouldn’t have picked a melee character because skill set is pretty uninspired but I’ve come too far to reroll.

Glad that I probably got this in a bundle long ago, but it’s much more satisfying than Diablo III and IV despite being worse mechanically, but the different vibe helps keep me interested.

I just wish the bosses didn’t all feel like “sit for five minutes tapping the healing potion button whenever it comes out of cooldown”. The act I boss was cool though, requiring you to clear his adds fast to prevent him from out-healing you.

if I were to reroll to a mage, would my dps be better? the clicking/targetting seems inaccurate enough that I worry I might be more frustrated with having to manage positioning

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the best reveal about caesar is that hes just a ben shapiro who has memorized random roman words

and, quite smugly, the proper latin pronunciations which he made all his friends use

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

oh, hi. you're alive

hope you've been well

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

beat the first level in death must die. it unlocks options to make it significantly harder. probably won't do that. don't know how much more time i want to spend on this game

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol the game creaking under the strain of trying to keep all options open to the player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YEheINWwbg&t=28s

Caesar your threats are getting boring.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Also SHADOWS OF DOUBT is on a good FANATICAL deal today, if you like complex ImSims this might be your bag. I tried it and it was a bit fiddly for what I was looking for at the time, but I might go back to it.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/shadows-of-doubt

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yospos bithc

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Also SHADOWS OF DOUBT is on a good FANATICAL deal today, if you like complex ImSims this might be your bag. I tried it and it was a bit fiddly for what I was looking for at the time, but I might go back to it.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/shadows-of-doubt

did a goon work on this? looks like a project a goon was posting about a few years ago

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dioxazine posted:

oh, hi. you're alive

hope you've been well

thanks dude, yeah i am alive just needed some time off

hows the rimworld colony going these days?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm still waiting for one or two mods to update since the new expansion pack came out, but my last colony two months ago ended with an earthquake on the underground chemfuel storage tanks, which i was unable to put the fire out before a large raid came in and then the fire reached the nuclear reactor

i love rimworld

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hi animeistrash

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol at this silly-rear end game mode on Beam.NG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhVYOXBYRbo