Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It'd be neater if you didn't have to do it 7 times to get one of each element.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like the idea of some of that stuff but yeah I think they should keep it for people who are into it but have more ways to get those masteries in other ways. I got attached to my random dog but that was also because it was the first beast I tamed and at a certain point I just decided to only go for uniques and one dragon.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, I actually burnt out on taming because you had to grab so many different creatures of each type to unlock major masteries. Would prefer if levelling up a single monster of each category sufficed, as otherwise it is a hell of a lot of busywork instead of collecting each element of crab

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Sandweed posted:

The way you get dragons is really neat and they are very cute when they are small.

Drakis are my favorite little apex predator murderbeasts.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://x.com/BraveDandyLion/status/1765679173081940177?s=20

A shield?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hmm they shown two main characters and they are both ladies, time to jump conclusions and proclaim with zero proof that Troubleshooter 2 is doubling down on the yuri.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
please please please

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Give the people what they want.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am looking forward to Giselle's relationship advice for the new protagonists.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://twitter.com/BraveDandyLion/status/1771008065002975621

Oh wow we're getting Pictomancer just like FFXIV

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
People asked for them to double down on the Yuri, and they listened.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that dude looks cool, and so do his pets

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh that is one character that makes it easy to reintroduce at least some of the cast from the old game, lol

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Honestly I was (still am) worried about the Troubleshooter plot just endlessly expanding and expanding and expanding, so it's good that at least one member of the main cast is directly connected to one of the billion plot threads from the first game.

also i guess they really are going all on on the yuri

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that dude looks cool, and so do his pets

Kind of interesting to show him with only dogs and no weapons. Although I guess casters don't need weapons.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Maybe Yuri wears one of those dog collars and uses it as a magic focus?
EDIT: or maybe it's the blue bracelet

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like that he is 42. It was cool Giselle actually turned out to be in her 30s instead of like being another character in a rpg where you are like, hmm they must be in their 30s, and then it turns out they are like 27. Though it makes sense for the vibe they were going for Abandon Children why everyone was mostly around 20, it would be nice to see more variety like with peeps around Giselle and Yuri's age.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 23, 2024

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

BG3 showed us that it is possible to have a cast of middle aged disasters in a successful RPG.

Also finally got around to doing the final Crimson Crow mission. Kind of a sour note, because I really hate fighting Destrons, so might have been my least favourite mission in the entire game; but I still hold this one as one of the best SRPGs of all time.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://twitter.com/BraveDandyLion/status/1775444708577452122
my time at sandrock

she looks cool

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Finally someone who uses those pistols enemies have been dropping since forever. Who's not a monkey.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Okay, so that's our connection to the Bloodwalker family.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Come to think of it, I wonder if they'll be doing something more interesting with the company bonuses this time. In the previous game, everyone but Misty ended up joining Albus's gang, and therefore got the exact same bonus at all times (which was increased Mastery drop rate, because of course it would be). But Misty got her special little Vermilion bonus instead. So far though, I haven't seen any indication that anyone's founding a troubleshooter company in this new game, so maybe they can make everyone's bonuses more unique. Assuming they even keep that system at all, I suppose.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, I wonder how much of the Abandoned Children mechanics will make the transition. If I am not mistaken the company bonuses were because the game was initially aimed at being a MP tactical versus thingie instead of the narrative SRPG we got, so that was a legacy element from that time.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, I wonder how much of the Abandoned Children mechanics will make the transition. If I am not mistaken the company bonuses were because the game was initially aimed at being a MP tactical versus thingie instead of the narrative SRPG we got, so that was a legacy element from that time.

Dandylion please cut all of the vestigial systems. Do that and pay for an English localization and I will evangelize Troubleshooter even more.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Alternatively, add new, weirder, pointless systems. thank you and god bless.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I dunno, there's definitely a lot of cruft that could be cut out and probably make an objectively smoother experience, but one of the things that made Troubleshooter so weird and charming is how many loving weird rear end hyper-involved gameplay systems exist in the game to the point where you're getting new tutorials 80 hours in when you're 95% of the way through the story and the game needs to give you 5 tutorial popups on how this optional dancer class for the last recruit you ever get in the game works.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I'll be honest, I 100% this game before the DLCs came out and I still don't understand how Dancer is supposed to work.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i figured it out eventually but it is totally not worth the effort of using. martial artist works just as well without all the micromanagement of buffs.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I love to make DDR patterns in turn base.

But yeah to be honest there is def a lot of stuff that could be cut loose but I still want weird systems, I just want single player weird systems and not weird left overs from when it was meant to be more of a MP game. Though even that stuff still ended up being kinda cool, like its obvious violent cases kinda evolved out of what was meant to be a more of a raid type of thing I think, though ended up as a single player mode.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i figured it out eventually but it is totally not worth the effort of using. martial artist works just as well without all the micromanagement of buffs.

smh

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
violent cases were cool because they were just big maps full of enemies and bosses. its where you get to really put those overpowered builds to work.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Martial artist is okay, but have you considered WEL COME TO MY STAY-GEE?!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I do agree a lot of the charm and some of the greatest ideas of the game come from the simple fact that they just kept adding stuff without any responsible manager going "hold on a minute" and I hope the second game doesn't lose the magic.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

I love to make DDR patterns in turn base.

But yeah to be honest there is def a lot of stuff that could be cut loose but I still want weird systems, I just want single player weird systems and not weird left overs from when it was meant to be more of a MP game. Though even that stuff still ended up being kinda cool, like its obvious violent cases kinda evolved out of what was meant to be a more of a raid type of thing I think, though ended up as a single player mode.

smh

I agree, DDR class is great, robots are great, beasts are great. I just don’t want to click through a bunch of payday popups, deal with motivation, extract crystals, or see approval bars with vendors (the identifier in the bar loved Albus though) any more.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
See you could still do a form of the province system at but make it like tied to getting the crystals. That fits with the whole we are out in the wilderness vibe this game is going for, because yeah crystal extraction was kinda silly.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I liked the payday stuff because it was pretty low impact but helped cement the idea that you're running a startup business.

Motivation was definitely weird and needed to be reworked to actually matter or not exist, but stuff like "Anne can't have alcohol" was cute.

I didn't mind Shooter Street and really liked there being multiple vendors instead of just The Guy In The Bar, though the way you gained rep was way too grindy and needs a big revision.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Reminds me of Banner Saga. I like it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://twitter.com/BraveDandyLion/status/1781165051023708536#m
Took me a second to realize who this was lol. No longer just another enemy with a generic NPC model.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This party feels like such an odd interesting mix. I mean the first game was also a bit of a weird group but they tended to fall into sub groups like grew up in the Alley or whatever.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The devs posted a recap of the art and what their current development plans are. Early access in Winter 2026. Gonna be a long wait. https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/470310/view/4197993161895645738

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jason the man who never gives up will join the main cast, mark my words.