Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sion "Edward Kenway" Bloodwalker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ZearothK posted:

Hot drat, you're way higher level than I was at that point in the game. I remember when Giselle joined she was like two levels above the rest of my group, lol

Lol I was going to say, I thought I was like ~30 around that point.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Shadow sniping (or whatever the confusion thing is called) is one of the most amusing abilities I've used in an SRPG. I genuinely get a kick out of it every time. Also she's dating Samus Starcraft. 10/10 character, no notes.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Irene was a vigilante and Sion abuses his fame at restaurants

Verdict: GUILLOTINE

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

PunkBoy posted:

EDIT: Caught up on campaign missions. Guess I need to go back and try to farm Abandoned Supply Base and Iron Forest Secret Base? Destrons hosed me up bad last time I tried them so this is going to be rough.

Have you heard the good word of EMP Grenades?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Hipster Occultist posted:

Dandylion sure did, and subsequently made the stronger Destrons immune to them iirc.

Only the Enhanced one is as far as I'm aware.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

I'm free * **

There are a few achievements that are counter-intuitive, require some really specific set-up, or otherwise confusing, so I guess if anyone is stuck on one just ask because I never found a real achievement guide.

* Until they add more

** Other than all the other content I need to do

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 15, 2023

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Well, it was nice having all the achievements for a few days.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Only Trust Ctrl+Shift+6
Police Will Never Help You

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
In all seriousness, if you want to see what end game character customization/building is like, here's a video of a guy explaining a possible build for one specific class of one character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kEPwPyqdao

You don't nearly have to go this in-depth to clear the story, but that's an example.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
With the right setup you can walk into the first blue case, throw one grenade, and just abandon and max rank everything.

Unfortunately since you have to evolve things to rank them up again (and whatever the drone version of evolving is called) you have to keep leaving and coming back and it's still tedious as hell.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
As far as I am aware I don't think anything is missable in the game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Clarste posted:

The only actual counter is to never miss them.

Ah the ol Heixing Ranger solo.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Raise your own Queen first, and then you can just hatch more eggs anytime anywhere.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 20, 2023

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ZearothK posted:

That's not too far from what I am doing, but it really didn't work against the Destron hell. Is there another after that?

If you're still working on this, there's always GRADING CRAB if you just want to cheese poo poo.

If you want a low-effort setup and/or going for the no one dies achievement:

Play far left. Left side of the left parking lot. If you're too close to the right side they can come down the middle and see/shoot through the wall.

Take out your chain killing builds, 1s1k, etc. There is no place for them here. Second hearts and impulse fields if you want to go for the achievement in a safe way, but they're by no means necessary.

Heixing: Reaction ranger. Machine killer, legend killer if you have it. Probably end up being like 90% of your damage.

Giselle: Traps are kings of the post-mungo world. All traps, reload traps, trap eq set, but especially make sure you're freezing big targets (like the rx-78)

Kylie: Hacker. Keep the hologram up all the time. If the hologram is still alive on your turn you can either hack one of the big guys or support someone else into taking a turn. Reboot for more charges.

Irene, Sion, Leton: Tanks. Leton specifically freeze tank with frost grenades. Keep things frozen.

Anne, Ray: Healing support. Anne can play up with defensive masteries, reactive heal. Ray needs to hang back more.

Albus, Alisa, Misty: All of these are very physical/counterattack people for me, but not nearly tanky enough to be frontline. I leave them all in the back middle of the parking lot to deal with the normal destrons that invariably come from that direction, and then ran them up the middle to kill P after everything had moved away from him.

Bianca: Just a black mage at the back line. Hang back and blast stuff.

Keep big guys frozen, hacked, or working uselessly on holograms. Shield's stats are so loving stupid its not worth fighting in any serious way. Kill everything else and then come back to it last and just surround it and send it to AT hell.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 23, 2024

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Also it seems like revives don't void the achievement, but pets/drones dying does. So if you're going for that either use big tanky boys, or backline ones like White Hat I suppose.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://twitter.com/BraveDandyLion/status/1752333492841816111?s=20

Operation *checks notes* Vag Hunt will commence.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Need to know the element so I can start theorycrafting.

Also they liked a tweet of mine. Very exciting since I've tweeted like two things ever.

https://x.com/Saint_Freak/status/1757033006651318625?s=20

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ZearothK posted:

drat, congrats! That's some efficient playing, I am at, uh, 296 hours and like 89% cheevos and I don't even want to know how many missing masteries.

Oh yeah, I think they're in that region, so we'll likely have Carter and his Spoonists, the Hanged Clowns and Giselle hunting them at the very least.

Getting all masteries is... tedious. But not that bad. I think it was 20O (?) that I ended up running a bunch of times to get the information jurisdiction reports while also ranking up pets. There are definitely faster maps (which would then give you less pet rank/xp), or harder maps for more pet rank (which would then be slower to finish) so I think that was about the sweet spot to finish everything out.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://x.com/BraveDandyLion/status/1765679173081940177?s=20

A shield?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Give the people what they want.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://twitter.com/BraveDandyLion/status/1771008065002975621

Oh wow we're getting Pictomancer just like FFXIV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Martial artist is okay, but have you considered WEL COME TO MY STAY-GEE?!