Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Hey folks, is there a way to take my online save offline?

I completed the base game and I kinda want to do some crafting, but my god is it expensive and tedious. It'd be so much better if I could just give myself a whole bunch of materials with a save editor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

What the gently caress is Cover Move?

I can't seem to find it in their masteries, so I have no idea why some guys just plain don't take any sort of ranged damage

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Smiling Knight posted:

Ranger skill, gives huge increase to dodge when in cover. Put it on Heixing, and he and the Skull pistol guys can spend the entire mission shooting, revenge shooting, and support firing at each other without ever landing a single bullet.

Ah, that explains why I wasn't seeing it in masteries then, my Hexing is a Sweeper so I never ran across it.

And yeah, gently caress that last mission was tough. I was only able to clear it by running the left group over to the right as soon as the mission started, and even then it almost went tits up. Without Kylie to hack an EMP immune Destron I dunno what I would have did.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

ZearothK posted:

Anyone played the Ordinary cases? Part of me wants to wait for the Misty DLC so I can use her in those for variety's sake.

Yeah, they were kinda a cakewalk, especially compared to that last story mission. The Crabmint one was just my Bianca cleaning up and then waiting like 3 turns for the last burrowed sumbitch to resurface. :argh:

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Apparently they've said that they're not about to sink and are good funding wise for their next game.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Oh neat, I was wondering when the next bit of content might be. I'll be happy to toss these guys some cash

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

So I have possibly a dumb question. I need the lightning mastery "Accelerate Nerve Network" for my Sion Black Mage build. It's showing that its the lvl 16 mastery for the Gold Tongue frog monster.

I haven't messed around with beast taming at all because I couldn't be hosed to, but am I goona have to figure that poo poo out and tame this bitch in order to learn that? Or do I unlock it once I complete gathering information on it and hit "receive rewards"? I can't remember how this research poo poo works.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Clarste posted:

You have to tame it, unfortunately. Many monsters learn skills from leveling that they don't have in the wild, and a lot of the higher level elemental masteries are learned that way.

fffuuucckkkk :(

Time to learn taming and repsec Giselle entirely I guess

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Walh Hara posted:

I think Sniper Giselle can also tame beasts?

Either way, taming beasts is a really awesome mechanism. You can do a lot of fun builds and the beasts can get insanely strong.

Yeah, I think forgot it was just an ability you could set. It's just something I avoided since there's already so much mechanical complexity in this game.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

gold tongue is probably the hardest monster to tame in the game.

:argh:

I really need that drat mastery though

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

I've been reading up on some stuff and it doesn't sound too bad if you prep/cheese it, but we'll see.

Edit: And tamed. That was pretty easy, dunno what the fuss was about. Just made Giselle as fast as possible, and a combination of Massiveness and Impulse Fields let her survive the one attack Gold Tongue got off.

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Nov 1, 2022

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Man I'm really deep down the taming hole now, I have 3 beasts to tame to get all the water masteries for Clarste's Misty build that I'm totally goona steal. Got myself a Draki Hatchling for the first bit, onto toxic crabmints and venom negooris.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Is there a go-to mission any of you folks have that's good for leveling beasts? Gotta get this Draki up to snuff for Call of Water

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

The fact that they never really dig into the whole "yeah I've got a 14 year old throwing magical starlight at vicious criminals instead of going to school" always kinda made me scratch my head a bit.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Obligatum VII posted:

Now, now, she does that in ADDITION to going to school. Sometimes her office chatter mentions school.

Ah, I stand corrected. The child solider with an incredibly rare form of magic is still enrolled in math class. :v:

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

It really makes me wish that these guys were big enough to afford the really good localization teams.

There's some good writing in there, it's just hard to parse sometimes

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

I ended up going offline and just editing my save for a billion crafting mats, because gently caress farming all that poo poo.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

New mission came out today

These monkeys are dodgy as gently caress and hit pretty hard too

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

There isn't any trick to getting legendaries other than getting the killing blow with the character that has all the item drop masteries equipped right? I've been farming Gyro for what seems like ages and this motherfucker refuses to drop a Necromancer bangle.

I have so, so many night scopes though I tell you what.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

PunkBoy posted:

I love this loving game.

EDIT: Caught up on campaign missions. Guess I need to go back and try to farm Abandoned Supply Base and Iron Forest Secret Base? Destrons hosed me up bad last time I tried them so this is going to be rough.

Kylie's hacking really helps if you pull them slowly, and if you're willing to put in the work the Gold Negoori can one shot them with the right build.

Clarste posted:

Misty has a rogue mastery set that gives her +500% drop rate on legendaries, so get the kill with her, I guess.

I believe higher difficulties also have higher drop rates? Not sure.

Oh dang, whoch set/masteries do I need?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Anyone got a good Misty bleed build? All of the builds I can find on the discord are all pre the existence of the orange dagger that Black Mask drops in the newest mission.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Have you heard the good word of EMP Grenades?

Dandylion sure did, and subsequently made the stronger Destrons immune to them iirc.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Huh, I might be misremembering but I thought all three in Ben's violent case were immune.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Clarste posted:

So I did the new story mission and Irene killed the boss in one hit which made me laugh, and then I got an achievement called "Who's the real monster?" and I laughed again. But now I have no idea how the mission was supposed to play out.

Same, except for me it was Leton who smoked the boss with a supercharged counterattack. Kind of a meh update tbh

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

your battle party size is 8, and there are 12 characters. plus craftable drones and recruitable monsters.

This goes up as the story goes on too, I can't remember exactly when but I do know that as you progress you should be able to take all your characters along on missons

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Lets not forget Anne, our 14-year old child solider that I have throwing magical starlight at armed criminals.

if that's not anime as gently caress, then I don't know what is

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Clarste posted:

New Violent Case out. Welcome to monkey hell.

Any tips for this? It seems like I'm going to need to put impulse fields on everyone just to survive the onslaught of critting monkeys that constantly dodge all my poo poo! :argh:

I don't even know what I'm going to to do to kill the Mungo King

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

The real answer is to go offline and just cheat all the mats you need, because honestly it's kinda dumb how much rare poo poo you'll need.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Edit: Actually managed to finish this misson, but holy hell gently caress these snipers

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Apr 8, 2023

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Just played the latest mission, not sure why they added it by itself tbh. Two turns with one character and we're done

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

I just hope they can afford an actual translator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Oh nice I didn't notice that they finished it