Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Beating everyone as Albus is extremely funny

I’m a little disappointed that there’s no unique dialogue, but at least there’s a unique reward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who used the cops for the whole story and found them consistently useful. Overwatch is good, and most of them come with useful grenades. Plus, you can have them scout and not care if they die.

Definitely send them off or automate them if a mission is going to be easy, though.

Something I would suggest is to skip the repeatable missions early, at least until you have four or five Troubleshooters recruited, just because they're going to be boring. You can always do them later (and "Challenge Mode" makes them scale to your current level).

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

The real outcome to hope for is that Anne follows up on her thought when idling in the office and becomes a peerless swordswoman.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Troubleshooter is a game of many systems. Some are intricate and fascinating to play around, but others… others are clearly pointless and remain from earlier plans for the game.

The “Normal”, “Hard” etc. descriptions are based exclusively on the number of enemies on that map. You can safely ignore them.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

rather than hyped, my emotional reaction to this news is really just relief that dandylion is actually going to make banished children and not just going to put out dlc until they go out of business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

I kind of fell off the game after the big difficulty spike of the first DLC just because it wasn't clear to me how to navigate it and make my party strong enough for it to not be a problem. I should collect more masteries and clear levels I skipped over the first time, of course, but how exactly to do that is not always clear. And it can be boring to clear levels I skipped, too, since even with the game bringing up enemy levels to match my characters they tend to be pretty easy. I definitely want to get back into it, but there's a big mental barrier there.