Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

This is my first jrpg/krpg and I'm not an anime watcher so I'm trying to just roll with it but I just seemed to have hired a child soldier onto my death squad and no one has a problem with this whatsoever. It's a very shiny but very dark world and I think I'm the bad guys (?). Fun game though. It's basically a much jankier Xcom Chimera Squad, but anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I've opened up jurisdiction in a second district, but my mission board still says my first district up top. Is there a way to see what missions are in the other district?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Nephthys posted:

Missions unlock by level and as you complete them. You can check which mission is in what jurisdiction by selecting the district and they'll be listed or by selecting the mission and it'll tell you which district its in.

Thank you!

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I could swear I've done most of these yellow missions.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I just finished the game. Pretty fun, pretty ridiculous, and it's pretty funny that you take forever to set up half a plot then the game ends. I ended with my people between level 44 and 49. Towards the end I found it hard / impossible to use all the mastery points available. I really enjoyed thinking about different ways to put together chains of masteries. Figuring out mastery sets was a little less fun but still satisfying. It felt balanced and challenging right to the end, which is something XCOM hasn't managed. The last mission with all those snipers reinforcing each other took me about 8 tries I think. Though, about level 25-35 I was gliding though missions. Sort of a U shaped difficulty curve.

I don't get what the point of the training manual is, gameplay wise - why does there need to be a mastery arranging tax. But, there wasn't that much to do with money anyway. The enthusiasm or whatever (the resource depleted by missions and refilled by food) mechanic also seemed pointless, since a sandwich and a drink counteracted the effect totally.

The setting seemed interesting, but the game ended right as we started getting substantial exposition on it. I'll def play the sequel.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

How do you even level up your company? That's a whole mechanic I missed.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

You can indeed use them to add to your party in the battle.

I never figured out a way to have a summoned robot make any significant difference in the battle. They have a ton of hit points but I couldn't figure out a way to keep them from absorbing damage constantly, their utility value was minimal, and they put out very little damage. By the end of the game i was only able to craft four total robot masteries, so their "skill" list was almost blank. It seemed like a really empty mechanic but maybe I missed a lot. (stealing robots on the other hand always ruled)

Summoned monsters were useful, but I had trouble keeping them alive through the mission.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Their morale goes down by five (I have no idea what that does) but they are still available next battle. Robots need to be fixed but it's very low cost.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I would have Irene go in different direction than my main group, and stacked masteries on her that gave her lots of counterattack damage and+ initiative when she knocked someone out. Mid game she would clear half the map herself, early game and late game she would take out a few groups herself then die. Phoenix is also really good for her.

I found the Irene specific mastery not very good on her, but the martial artist masteries and the counterattack masteries were great.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Honestly all the goofy wording really helps with the ambiance in the extremely goofy world.

Speaking of, lore question: is Albus actually hacking people to death or do we have like non-lethal swords and bullets? I know named criminals you "kill" are "arrested," implying non-lethal. But, it's a sword.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Albus recruited, trained and frequently deployed a child soldier (I am assuming Anne is a child)

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Are there any guides to crafting people can recommend? That’s the only way to get Kylie a better weapon, right? I don’t think I’ve ever engaged with crafting in games before so looking for something very 101 level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

While I figure out builds I’m grinding the quests from that weird walk-about area. Those quests give me points to my “company level” (currently level 2) which appears to be different from my troubleshooter grade (iron).

Does company level do anything? Is it just a counter?