Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

My personal recommendation is to play all the main story quests on safe difficulty just to unlock all the new characters ASAP (at least until you get used to the game and maybe unlocked a few of them), since you will mostly be doing side missions and grinding on normal/hard/cruel anyway. I’m not sure if they’ve fixed it, but there also used to be some enemies that wouldn’t show up on hard/cruel difficulty because they didn’t have epic or legendary versions and you wouldn’t be able to complete the Troublemaker list without going down in difficulty.

You can always go back and play a mission on a different difficulty once you figure out that what you want to be farming for might only drop from an enemy you can only see on a different difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Ehh, I'd say start on normal difficulty, it starts really easy - as long as you aren't doing stupid moves you can beat missions easily, at least until you get Irene.

Yeah, I mainly suggest safe if someone wants to unlock stuff right away, because the enemy health is only at 75% and you don’t have elites to worry about.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

I haven't played this game since shortly after it came out of early access. Should I just restart my game since I don't remember anything about it (both gameplay or story-wise)? I only got to the point in my first game where I'd unlocked a character that I believe used to be a teacher or something for the main character (their class is a sniper, iirc). I think i had done some mastery grinding, but who knows if builds from ~May 2020 are even relevant anymore.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Sweet thanks everyone. I'll just do some basic missions to reacquaint myself for now.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it really doesn't take that long if you play on easy and don't mess with all the optional missions. but then, i'm biased since i exclusively play offline with that sql script to max out on all owned masteries. grinding for trash masteries to craft into intermediate masteries to craft into useful masteries adds a ridiculous amount of time. it's even worse if you want to maintain multiple builds since you need dupes for each board.

Do you happen to have a link to this? I'm currently playing an online save, but I would be willing to start over just to do this.