Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ihatepants posted:

My personal recommendation is to play all the main story quests on safe difficulty just to unlock all the new characters ASAP (at least until you get used to the game and maybe unlocked a few of them), since you will mostly be doing side missions and grinding on normal/hard/cruel anyway. I’m not sure if they’ve fixed it, but there also used to be some enemies that wouldn’t show up on hard/cruel difficulty because they didn’t have epic or legendary versions and you wouldn’t be able to complete the Troublemaker list without going down in difficulty.

You can always go back and play a mission on a different difficulty once you figure out that what you want to be farming for might only drop from an enemy you can only see on a different difficulty.

Ehh, I'd say start on normal difficulty, it starts really easy - as long as you aren't doing stupid moves you can beat missions easily, at least until you get Irene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

wait wait wait I knew about the pokemon but you can build robots too?!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Hey, great to see a thread for this. I was afraid the game would go completely unnoticed for how fantastic I think it is.

We had to nag Zearoth into making a thread because it was beginning to take over the steam thread. Game good!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

13 hours into the game, three aborted starts at it, and this time I've stuck around long enough to unlock Irene! :toot:

... Does she ever get any depth as a character? I confess that I am not particularly impressed with "I am a Hero! ... oh a man died ... I guess I'll join the Troubleshooters!" as an arc, it's like she's got literally nothing else going on for her. Sion has his family and eats and worries about Albus, Albus has his mysterious investigation, so like, I expect there to be SOMETHING going on in this character-focused game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Well, it was nice having all the achievements for a few days.

I used to have all the cheevos for Into the Breach and Mini Metro - and it's a weird feeling, going "yesss more content" and "nooo I had that 100%!"

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I was doing the repeatable missions, then I was all "...wait. why am I doing this when I can do them later when I have more characters" and it's all story all the time now.

Mind you I'm still playing slowly as adhd brain has eaten me and wants 4Xes, but I try to do at least one mission a day so I won't forget to play.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

me, an idiot: very hard? That's nothing, we don't need the cops for this one

the mission: pied piper of hamelin. A tiny fight between NPCs you run, then the main mission. I don't want to redo that fight, but also I'm not sure my trio can do this alone. :negative:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Oh thank god there was a checkpoint before the battle started.

I don't mind playing with the cops - I just got overconfident there!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah, now that that mission is over (woo!) I can say - I needed the cops there not to kill anyone, but to tank and distract the hoards of spoonists while my folks got to work.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

To the casual viewer, Troubleshooter looks like anime. And in fact my partner and I have a running gag where he goes "ah you're playing anime again!" and I'm all "it's korean!"

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I know this game is huge and has a shitload of content but also holy cow this is exciting/terrifying. I'm 15 hours in and:

30/240 achievements

chapter 2/at least 8

and then I open up the enemy index and

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Wait, am I about to gently caress myself over by having Anne in this mission? It's the one where you lead a group of Tima against Spoons, then swap to your regular force.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Okay, phew. I'll come back for him later.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I just beat chapter 3! :toot:

When/how do I unlock more classes? Albus has been sitting on all three maxed classes for a while.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Clarste posted:

That's it, there are only three. Maybe more in future DLC, but not for now.

Edit: Instead of getting more classes, you get more masteries for the existing classes.

Oh! Okay, that... actually works really well. I need to decide how I want to specialize Albus and then go hard into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Realizing that while I am meeting the level requirements for the story missions in Troubleshooter, the stats/damage is outpacing me so it's time to go back and do some optional missions. Not yet to the point of grinding, but I've been holding off on side content (!) to zip through the story, so now it's time to do random chores like... fix a fence!