Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyuBlitz1/status/1482603837529915393

There’s allegedly a new update in a week or so. It introduces a new mechanic :)

Apparently it’s called something like Joint Training

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

I was just sifting through the Troubleshooter steam threads, and it really is amazing that they're still so active and responsive to the community. Lots of openness about the dev process, I'm feeling a lot of indie earnestness. I hope they release some paid DLC, it feels pretty wild that we've been getting so many content expansions for free. A whole expansion pack, and yet all they are selling is the tie-in artbook and OST featuring stuff you can freely access within the game they just gave you.

A friend and I are still very slowly making our way through this. Just unlocked the 4th party member, and those AoE skills from witch are pretty nice.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

I actually decided to start a parallel game from scratch, since my friend and I play very intermittently. I'm right before the Irene recruitment mission, and I think I would like to do a little mastery grinding before I proceed further in the story on Normal.

Are there any particularly good stages for repeating early on? The boss of the lvl6 repeatable map has a full Shukuchi set, so it's obviously a strong candidate for getting that nice early speed and defense buff on your team. But that is just one unit, and I imagine there might be a better ratio of useful masteries gained to time spent on other stages.

Not sure where I should start looking, since I only just figured out the tactical camera view and the ability to get detailed unit info after you get enough KOs on that type.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Ramjist Plaza... got it, thanks.

I don't know what Catharsis does other than hearing it gets used with One Shot One Kill for some kinda chained combo actions, but I'm looking forward to finding out!

Tinkering around with these systems is really fun in Troubleshooter. It takes me back to some fun times minmaxing my team in Fire Emblem Fates, or doing charop exercises in 3.x D&D.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

I have heard you can trigger it just by hiding her behind a box or something to break line of sight... perhaps a smoke bomb or something could also work.

Maybe there's some tips in the Ashuram video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kEPwPyqdao

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

I do rather enjoy the gameplay+story integration of Irene being so hype for heroic rescues that she gets buffed for hiding behind a box just long enough to mildly surprise her teammates when she pops back up and kicks a gangster in the face.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Nice! Whether it is Troubleshooter 2 or something else, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what lessons they draw from the first game going forward.

Apparently they recently added a "new joint training mode". The update post on steam says it's a Duel Battle. I'm guessing this is the PvP version of the limited PvE co-op they tried adding previously. Seems like the sort of thing that would be pretty hard to balance... but on the other hand, might be cool if people have a chance to test their craziest builds against each other and figure out how the meta changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Maybe Yuri wears one of those dog collars and uses it as a magic focus?
EDIT: or maybe it's the blue bracelet