Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
The last DLC mission *did* dump the entire crew into it, so that might be the standard going forward, who knows? Also, those clown bastards can go to hell, the mission was brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

bleed and poison usually work too, from what I recall. Most enemies packing final resistance are not also packing physical status immunity, at least unless my memory is totally failing me. It is absolutely an obnoxious mastery set though that they love throwing around toward the back end of the game.

Speaking of freeze, it's incredibly funny how many things it works on. Throw the ice ESP user you get late in the game together with a frost draki baron and just go absolutely ham turning the entire field of enemies into ice blocks. Bonus points: Hunter Giselle with the pincer attack with beast mastery and the non-sniper fire support mastery along with some source of infinite overwatch, either via Heixing's mastery set for it or a drone with the appropriate modules. 3 times between each of her turns, reactively have an enemy shot via overwatch, then by Giselle, and then by her pet, which, if it is a frost draki baron, congrats, their turn is now over because they were just reactively frozen. Because enemies cannot move through allied spaces this can quickly result in your enemy forming a wall of their own frozen buddies that they cannot reach you through.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

5-Headed Snake God posted:

I feels a bit awkward asking this when everyone's talking about really advanced stuff, but I'm stuck on mission 13 (A Night With a Full Moon). It seems like every computer terminal is guarded by about a half-dozen guys, and as soon as I start combat, every enemy on the map gets alerted and rushes me. What the gently caress am I supposed to be doing here?

There's no real way that I could tell to avoid being spotted. Have to kill them faster than they can kill you and hit the terminals quickly. You may need to rethink your builds or play one of the non-story missions to get some levels and addtional masteries or something if you're really struggling.

Also, note that Kylie is a wrecking ball. Attack Protocol will pretty much demolish anyone you point it at.

Edit: The entire map shouldn't go alert from the get-go though, it should take a bit before that happens. Are you sweeping around from the north? I'd advise that, it's what I did. The one patrolling dude near the start might alert a lot more of the map. I avoided the patroller and headed north when I did it.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Yasha can absolutely work but you really have to go all in on their web gimmick. The previously highest level VM, aka spider hell, shows how effective fully web specced Yasha can be. They can stack up some pretty nuts bonuses. Their various venom abilities are interesting too, since you can apply a cavalcade of incredibly debilitating status effects on a crit.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, Yasha can be super nasty (one can literally just tame any of the V47 spiders and look at their builds), but I feel putting down webs everywhere doesn't work unless the rest of the party has the mastery to ignore those penalties. Neurotoxin is one of the strongest debuffs in the game.

That's what I mean about going all in, your entire team has to be kitted to be team web. Thankfully, there are masteries to do exactly that.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

What is the Undiscovered Past mastery from? Don't think I have that one.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Hmm, regarding the recent story discussion I must've missed it, where was it implied that Sharky #2 was the a bodyguard of Bianca's grandfather? Was it in some very recently added story mission? I still need to go check out the new ones past the big market brawl with the HELL CLOWNS. Also, do you think that mission with the terrorist attack by the spoonists, the first one where you run into them, was a false flag? It's wildly out of character with how they seem to act in every other mission past that, where they're basically just acting in self defense in pretty much all cases.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

We still need a proper water ESP user. I suppose that Rogue would make sense for poison synergy

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Fruits of the sea posted:

It kinda baffles me that Troubleshooter is as fun it is. If someone were to pitch X-Com but anime with collectable abilities, multiple crafting systems, relationship meters and half a dozen other complex mechanics, I would say that it was a terrible, terrible idea and to throw it in the trash. Somehow it manages to be more than the sum of its parts

Despite some definite jank here and there and a whole lot of cruft, I think the sincerity of the devs and how much of a labor of love the game is really shines through. You can just feel it.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

My initial takeaway from ninja is that if you lean into it, you can actually get a pretty good support build going. The heal becomes a non-trivial amount with the appropriate mastery and the smoke clouds offer some very useful effects with the mastery to give them enhanced effects. Combined with her mobility, she pairs well with Albus to help cover gaps in his defenses and prevent him from getting overwhelmed. When not supporting, she can just knife throw at things from stealth without actually losing hide.

I think leaning into the water masteries at all is a mistake. They're just not good enough.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Hipster Occultist posted:

The fact that they never really dig into the whole "yeah I've got a 14 year old throwing magical starlight at vicious criminals instead of going to school" always kinda made me scratch my head a bit.

Now, now, she does that in ADDITION to going to school. Sometimes her office chatter mentions school.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

what exactly are you supposed to do with the golden drakis? I hatched them but they were non-hostile so I couldn't even kill them to get them in the troublemaker list. Is it possible for them to end up in a recruitable egg form? Is there an easy to use friendly fire method I'm forgetting that could be used to at least fill that blank spot in the list? It bothers me.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Clarste posted:

The evasion mimicry stuff is evil.

Apparently people wanted dodge based enemies? And then Dandylion decided to make everyone Regret That.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Hipster Occultist posted:

Lets not forget Anne, our 14-year old child solider that I have throwing magical starlight at armed criminals.

if that's not anime as gently caress, then I don't know what is

I for one cannot wait until we inevitably get new classes, perhaps in Troubleshooters 2 or whatever, where Anne finally reaches her ultimate form as a pokemon trainer, eg. gains beast taming with a different focus from Giselle's Hunter. So she can team up with Silver. We all know it's going to happen at some point.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

tithin posted:

His ending was a cliffhanger where he's handed over his retirement fund to his former bf/f and asked him nicely to spare his life, bittersweet would imply that he got to leave - we simply don't know that he did. Not unless he shows up again in the Crimson Crow DLC.

About that... He does, and he seems to be doing ok.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Mungo King in the new VM is really showing the seams starting to form with constant escalation of the game's challenge maps. It's getting a little ridiculous, we definitely need an actual sequel and soft reboot.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Clarste posted:

Speaking of which, I recently found a fun synergy with Blood Witch on Bianca, which with another mastery has a 100% chance to do AOE Arresting Force (stun that breaks on damage) around her after shooting something. And when you have Arresting Force you can't block. And as we all know, if you can't block you will definitely take 300% of your max HP when Bianca shoots you in the face. So she can like teleport into a group of monkeys and guaranteed 1S1K them all before teleporting out.

Like, maybe this was obvious but somehow I missed the fact that Arresting Force was AOE, maybe because I was focusing on the relatively weak life drain side of the mastery set.

I don't remember being able to actually push the arresting force proc rate to 100%, did they change something?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Clarste posted:

Another day, another umprompted flashback into a character's childhood (new story mission).

I'd hardly call this one unprompted.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Gonna be interesting to roll with the Spoonists. Think Carter will be the new main protagonist or someone else (likely a new character in that case) in the spoonists?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Sandweed posted:

The way you get dragons is really neat and they are very cute when they are small.

Drakis are my favorite little apex predator murderbeasts.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

You know, if they want to make a black haired witch hooking up with a girl with white hair the Cid of their game series, I'm here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

Oh this isn't a gotcha, you probably don't remember the ages, but she is more of an (adopted) teen mom to the protagonist apparently.

The facebook post had this extra line.

So we will need another white hair character if they want to continue the trend from the first game. Alternatively put her with Tyra, that seems like a good pairing.

Oh, well then.That extra line is pretty conclusive then, yeah. Though it could still be a Cid situation, just less specific in how they are connected.