Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Can someone point me toward a place where I can read up on the (second generation? How do you differentiate 90s XCom from modern XCom?) of the game? Specifically, I'm surprised how many games not only utilize the game's engine, but do basically nothing to hide it. There are five or six games out there that at first glance just look like a reskin of XCom. That sounds like I'm condemning it; I'm not, but I just haven't seen that kind of widespread use of an engine that feels so similar since the 90s and the dozens of games using Quake engines or what have you. I mean, I know a huge sample of games out there are either using Unity or Unreal, but they at least feel different from one another.

God dammit I don't know how to explain what I'm trying to learn without it sounding like I'm just bitching about this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU