Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I'm almost done with chapter 3, but having fun with this game. The mastery system is probably the best upgrade system of any XCOM-like game I've played. So much depth in such a simple-seeming system. Story's serviceable and Irene is bae. Totally ship Sion and Albus together. Anne needs some pants.

So I know there's some masteries locked behind the choices you can make in the story, are there any specific ones before the last mission of chapter 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

MonikaTSarn posted:

You can repeat the story missions to get all possible masteries. They are really useful for some of the more advanced builds.

Yeah I'm aware of that, I just want to know which story missions have optional masteries.

I got the ones for Albus and Sion's talk about getting new members and playing as Heixing vs Carter.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Oct 13, 2020

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
How do you replay the Shooter Street missions?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

ZearothK posted:

I haven't played since July, how is this Bonds system they've added?

Pretty good IMO. You have 3 levels of bonding and can choose a bond mastery from a list of four (the list depends on the characters and level of bonding apparently) that both have. My favorite is the one that lets the bond partner do a follow up attack once per turn on an enemy that you targeted but didn't kill. Have it so Sion chain electrocutes a bunch of people and whoever manages to survive gets kicked by a flying Irene.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I've got a question about mechanics. In several masteries, the status effects they give say "X% per level, stacks up to 4 levels." What exactly does this mean? What are levels in this context?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Anyone have a good build for martial artist Irene?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://steamcommunity.com/games/470310/announcements/detail/2914353754861252304

quote:

Hello everyone, this is the Troubleshooter dev team.

First of all, we would like to thank you all for enjoying our game.

Today, we would like to announce the situation of the dev team ask for your understanding.

Last summer, the dev team tried to focus on developing the game, but the result was far from what we have planned. As a result, Troubleshooter has not had an update for about two months. However, we are planning to update our first DLC Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children – White Lion and Black Witch on November 16, P.M 11(GMT + 9).

We are going to release the DLC for free hence there will be no extra charges. We originally planned for Bianca and Alisa to join Albus in the main episode, but due to the development schedule, we were unable to do so. White Lion and Black Witch is a story about Bianca and Alisa. The episode will be playable after you finish the main episode: Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children.

1. Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children – White Lion and Black Witch DLC update schedule

We have been planning to release the DLC earlier but have kept you waiting for a long time due to our lack of ability. We are deeply sorry about that. Currently, we have completed the base work, but we still have scenario missions and translations to do.

For the above reason, on November 16, we will be going to update the first mission of DLC, which will be a story about how Bianca and Alisa join Albus. After then, for every one to two weeks, we will be going to update the scenario mission. There will be a total of 8 scenario missions and one violent case.
We understand that you have been waiting for an update for a long time. The dev team has failed to meet the deadline. We are deeply sorry about it. However, we thought releasing playable content that is not fully prepared is the worst choice we can make. The dev team concluded to choose quality over quantity.

After we finish updating the DLC, new illustrations and BGM will be updated to the art book and the soundtrack.

We apologize for the inconvenience we brought despite all your support.

Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children – White Lion and Black Witch DLC content guide
- 9 scenario missions (Last scenario mission of chapter 6 + all scenario missions of chapter 7)
- 1 violent case
- Level 50 items
- New mastery and systems

2. Troubleshooter: Banished Children update schedule

There is no project running at the moment. Thanks to your support, we have been able to develop our Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children this year. However, developing Troubleshooter: Banished Children will take at least a year, judging by the dev team’s capability.

For us, a year is a very long time. There are too many factors to consider; including the fact that we might not be able to maintain the dev team. Therefore, we cannot promise you when we will start the project. To resolve anxiety factors, we are going to mainly focus on improving Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children. We are going to improve the content and add more quests and additional elements to make the game richer.

We are sorry to let you down with the news. We will find a way to start the project Troubleshooter: Banished Children as soon as we finish updating the DLC.

I think this is a case of the devs being way too generous with DLC, if it seems like they might have financial issues keeping the team together for the sequel. 90% of the comments for the announcement are people saying they'd totally buy paid DLC like cosmetics or help fund a kickstarter.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
These guys really have passion for their work. I wish them all the success and for them to actually try being a little bit greedy so they can fund their stuff. :unsmith:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Snooze Cruise posted:

I got this game yesterday and I already feel pretty addicted. I was already on board since I like the idea of xcom but just prefer strategy rpgs where your units are actual character characters, but I been really impressed with a lot of it. Like the game really goes for it with presentation sometimes. That opening training montage with Albus that used the same map the entire time but pan the camera around and change titles was goofy but still worked and was a good example of doing something stylistic with the tools you have. Also the game is gayer then XCOM which is another plus.

I'm not particularly invested in mlm stuff but I ship Albus and Sion. Like it just makes sense.

Also there's no heterosexual explanation for Irene being disgusted at seeing a good looking dude shirtless.

This is not the face of girl who's attracted to men.

EDIT: And yeah this game is like a serious labor of love. The devs are so nice to the point where you have people begging for them to actually release paid DLC so they can support the devs more.

EDIT2: Also I really like the character designs in general. They're not over the top, especially the girls who have clothes that make sense instead of overly pervy stuff that RPGs would often give them (with the exception of Anne who really needs a longer skirt), but at the same time they're unique enough to not be bland and can easily be identified.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Dec 29, 2020

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Snooze Cruise posted:

Trucker Lee really needs to stop getting into so much trouble

Some people are just danger-prone

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Snooze Cruise posted:

Oh god these rabbit bat things make the saddest wheezing sound when they die.

They're loving menaces, I hope they die painfully.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Elswyyr posted:

This game seems right up my alley, but I'm seeing people complain about the translation being bad. How bad are we talking? If it's just like a Persona 5 kinda awkward wording once in a while, I'm good.

Translation is perfectly fine now, most of the complaints were just after launch. There's some awkward wording here and there but it's comprehensible.

And yeah, the story is really anime, but I think that's part of the charm.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Snooze Cruise posted:

OH MY GOD SUDDENLY THE TIMAS ARE TALKING TO EACH OTHER

I know!

I lost my poo poo when that first tima dialogue choice popped up, this game is the best.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Unlocked Giselle, should I make them a Sniper or Hunter?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Thanks for the info y'all. Now I've gotta ask how to build Irene as a Battle Mage, since I've had her as Martial Artist for the entire game.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Acerbatus posted:

I've played this game four about 50 seconds and all I can think of is this

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819073713756438562/822697651869974548/mp4_2.mp4

e: i've only seen humans so far what does it mean "certain races" oh god

Just various animals and robots essentially. Everyone's human so far.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The story definitely has goofy moments and I'd describe it as very anime, but if that's the thing you're into I'd say you'd be able to find enjoyment from it.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Yeah I love the characters. Practically everyone from the main characters to the random gang members are fun to read about.

Also Albus and Sion are totally dating and Irene is a lesbian.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
The moment when the loving animals get tragic backstories and dialogue choices was when I knew this was a special game.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Nephthys posted:

I'm not sure about Albus but Sion definitely reads as gay, there's even some jokes about him dating guys. Irene might be as well but she's too dense to even think about that stuff tbh. IIRC theres a side mission where the jewelry girls ask her about dating and she has no clue what they're talking about. I suppose they were asking about her dating boys though.

Irene is definitely too dense for romance but her response to an attractive dude going around shirtless is "ew put on a shirt" with a disgusted face.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Wildermyth (sorta fantasy DnD XCOM-ish) multiplayer is fun even though its a bit kinda janky, so a co-op mode sounds really cool.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Anyone have an Irene Martial Artist build? Right now I'm level 45 with her and I just got Giselle a few missions ago.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
On a different note, anyone got Giselle builds? I just finished leveling Sniper so now I'm leveling Hunter. What and where should I grab some pets?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Thanks y'all!

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
A friend of mine is going through the story, which story missions had different mastery rewards based on dialogues/options chosen?

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Sandweed posted:

The game started out as a mobile game, lot's of those systems are from that era.

It was never planned to be a mobile game at all. You can find the IndieDB page on it when it was conceptualized as a completely different game and you can see it wasn't a mobile game.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Irene is the best.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Sankara posted:

These DLC missions don't gently caress around, wow. Been curbstomping the game, now I am the one getting curbstomped.

That's Troubleshooter baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
please please please