Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
This game is pretty cool and overall I'm enjoying it. The lack of polish and the awful translations don't really bother me since the base gameplay is solid. It has features that xcom could learn from, especially the movement and attack previews. For a small indie game (I'm assuming) it's impressive.

The main thing that's bothering me about it is the lack of any real strategic/time pressure. The option to grind endlessly repeatable side missions for gear/levels makes the whole thing feel more like a sandbox. Obviously you can forego that and make the game more challenging by way of conduct choices, but that doesn't feel nearly the same as racing against the clock, getting by with whatever you can scrounge together when your A squad is down, etc. That's probably an upside for some people but I really miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU