Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The burnout 3 one has insane starting stats, so if you have any other way to reform he quickly becomes a monster frontline unit. You can also focus on cards that increase his burnout count, this can work well if your secondary faction is Umbra or Awoken as they can keep him alive really well.

The game changes a TON at "ascension" 1, as it adds 5 random cards to your starting deck, and these can do a lot to determine the strategy you aim for. I'd usually pick the random reform option on the Melting champion, but if my starting deck had two copies of the reform a specific unit card I'd think about the burnout one. Upgrade a copy to 0 mana and holdover and you can reform the exact unit you want each turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It gets harder and harder to thin your deck the higher your covenant level gets, compared to baseline I have 9 extra cards in my deck before the curses, and I wouldn't be surprised if covenant 20+ adds even more.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
That boss requires planning the entire fight around him on some runs, it's just so many drat turns of stealth.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Sap just means avoid mass weak units or weak hits with multistrike and focus on large single hits or non-attack based damage.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
It changes a lot how you have to think about floors, especially if you want the bonus gold dude or ever want the trial that puts units on every floor. It also means certain units like Morselmaker are really rough on the top floor.

You end up having to think ahead a lot, and either ignore the floor or get it started a lot earlier. If you get caught in a bad situation you can't just put a unit up there.