Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm having a ball being bad at this game, and I haven't even started climbing the ascension ladder or whatever it's called in this one. For the candle champion, is there any reason to pick an upgrade other than the one that reforms random units? The one that gives him burnout 3 seems especially worthless.

e: Burnout 3 was a really fun PS2 game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I lose two thirds of the time on c1. Are there any videos of people being good at this game? I need to know what I'm missing.

The dupe-5 thing keeps ruining my run and I don't care because I love it. If they want to nerf it, which they shouldn't, what they could do is x5 dupe a random non-starting card in your deck and make them all cost -1, or maybe make it so upgrading one of them upgrades all of them.

But yeah the hellhorned champion is pretty mediocre. He even looks less cool.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is it just me or is there no meaningful reason not to fill your deck with stings alongside whatever other strategy you've got going on?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Well, the more dudes you have on a floor, the harder it gets to click on one, so I'm guessing 8 is where they decided it's too hard to do. Or it's technical limitations.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How do you beat melee weakness? I haven't been able to kill this guy since the update. Stacking thorns didn't do it, stacking morsels on the divine shield eater guy didn't do it, frostbite didn't do it, huge recurring burnout minions didn't do it.

I'm only on difficulty 5, man. Some of you people seem to auto-win on anything below 10. I swear one of these should work, but it's just not happening for me.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Primordium, superfood 2 or 3 (+1 stalwart if you think you can stack buffs fast enough to make it worth it), prismal dust with -1 cost and removed consume. Combine on the top floor with any unit that does reasonable damage. Stack 30 damage shields on the damage unit and watch everything melt under the power of your invincible unit.

What do you do with eggs? The payoff seems kind of weak for the required investment. Like, the hatched units aren't even upgraded. And how do you protect them before and after they hatch? E: Okay, step one, the bog fly egg is mediocre and isn't going to carry you. You want the kinship egg with 8 shell. Whole different animal right there. Multistrike, an initial 20 armor to keep it alive. Good stuff.

Ragnar34 fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zurai posted:

Bogfly Egg is in the running for strongest unit in the game IMO.

The hatched units keep any stat upgrades, unit essences, and shop upgrades that the egg has. That means that if you, say, give a Bogfly Egg Multistrike and Largestone from the shop and fuse a Morsel Maker into it, both hatched flies will have their base stats plus Multistrike, the stats and size from Largestone, and will grow +6/+6 every turn (in addition to all the +6/+6s the egg itself got).

For super fun times, give an Egg Endless and hatch it over and over.

WHAT?! I need to do that run again, that sounds cool.

E: and it gave me my first win against the Divine. Eggs are real.

Ragnar34 fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Sep 7, 2021