Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Zurai posted:

Another tip for anytime you play Abyssals: if you see a frostbite shark, strongly consider grabbing it and getting an Endless and some extra health on it. It's very good at being your gatekeeper on the bottom floor, wiping out nasty backline enemies before they reach your main killing floor.

i did this, got it soul'd and boosted, and cloned it twice. was laffo until the Divinity fight where it just... didn't work out so well. Was doing decent-ish damage to Divinity, but pyre got killed by the big hammer "boss" since my whole boss killing strategy was "endless frostbite tethys + frostbite sharks + 1-cost frostbite doubling spell = :lol:"

doesn't work so well when they pop up a level every time and don't have any root/descend cards :P

sorry-not-sorry about the necropost - this game is amazing. i'd been putting off dipping into it since release despite ~300hrs on slay the spire (not counting the MANY hours on it after it got an android release). 0% surprised i'm loving it intensely, but didn't expect to fall in love with the writing/world building.

like, my god i just want to know *more* about what's going on with the whole world. there's even character tension between Fel/Herzal/etc! just totally besotted with this game right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU