Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

SettingSun posted:

Edit: Did a run handheld, played about the same.
Double edit: They seemed to sacrifice some of the lore which I dislike.

What lore am I missing out on with the Switch version?

Also, I won my first run after the Tutorial with a Cultivating hero that buffed the heck outta a sweeper I gave multistrike, so that felt great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

How am I supposed to make this Martyr Stygian champion work? They seem absolutely terrible. The damage per stack happens when they would normally attack, so it's really just a different way to show their attack strength, and frost on revenge seems bad on something with no health.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

First time trying Shardtail Queen: hmm, I guess killing imps every turn is handy for sweeping

Two rings later, got an Endless Armour Imp, and Summons Trigger Twice relic: well, that's a tank

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Steelsinger is the worst unit in the game, change my mind.

It's 3 cost, it's 4 space, and it has almost no attack unless you pump it full of every single healing spell you have in every single fight, to eventually hit the lofty goal of 100 damage, when any Gorger will hit that in every fight with minimal effort.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

Alloyed Construct.

Granted that can be less atrocious if it's got another construct sacrificed to it.

You only need to feed it one morsel a turn. I'm fairness, 100% of the games I've gotten one, I was running the Buffet champ, so that was quite easy to do

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Any advice for Styg / Umbra? My floors all want to have an eater, a bunch of food, my champion, and a bunch of Incanters all together, and it's really proving tough to get online.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

Why the heck is this 2x the price on switch as it is steam?

Is this your first time comparing a new game on Switch to an old game on Steam?

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Little Fade is pretty much useless unless you get the "Extinguish and come back hitting harder every time", huh? The Burnout buff sounds alright until you try to keep any Burnout units alive past two rounds, and the spikes variant just seems straight up bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

That sounds like a lot more work than "let her die to a wave each turn and hit the boss for 300 a go", honestly, but maybe I'll try one of the others out next run. This one got an Extinguish twice in the starting chest, so, welp