Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Einwand posted:

Am I missing something or are the wax demons kind of terrible? The only success I've had with them was Wax/Umbra and making a really big burnout champion who just bludgeoned the first floor to death and giving him trample, which was basically just an Umbra run.

I started a run and got the "whenever you give burnout give +3" and hoo that made poo poo hilarious. Usually I find it very tenuous in that if you have a unit without burnout or give a unit burnout you're extremely fighting entropy. You're only going to draw yknow x amount of cards and each card will generally only be able to give you x amount of burnout to sustain your units so eventually they'll flash out. This isn't a major issue for your own wax units but trying to have any kind of hybrid deck makes it a liability because mass applying burnout will kill your units that don't have it intrinsically very quickly and then make it very difficult to revive them. If, however, you apply many stacks with one application your resources change and you can just poo poo out your massive units over and over with no fear of burning out.

Basically I had a run showed me how to stop worrying and love the burnout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

Possibly dumb question but is this also single player or what?

Yeah! It's mostly single player, the multiplayer mode is just a timed simultaneous run of up to 8 players. Ie, you all play the same game seed at the same time, with the winner being the one who makes it to the end with the most points.

Regarding the wax units, let me show you the KEYS to the kingdom
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

I've been playing a ton recently and as a bad mtg style timmy player, I'm here to say that stygian sucks rear end ok, you want me to hit with a baby 1/3? I DON'T THINK SO. Not in this house. In this house we hit with 350x3/5's and we like it. Keep playing until you get melting remnant and you're off to the races.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

Einwand posted:

Am I missing something or are the wax demons kind of terrible?

worry not, my son, for i have descended from the heavens to bestow upon you this gift

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

threelemmings posted:

You're definitely right, but as the guy below you posts you can lean into the non reform parts of the wax kit and those do synergize well, luckily. Recurring morsels is definitely the closest thing to an anti combo though, I would end up with a 50/30 unit that always died in one turn since you can't prevent gobbles

(This was with reform specced Flicker so I couldnt choose who to get back... I would have much preferred my quick 20 damage 3x multistriker instead.)

The 50/30 still hits and blocks before it gets gobbled though so, yknow, it works just as well as a normal waxer in that respect... with the added bonus of it giving its death bonus

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

AegisP posted:

Holdover Doublestack Void Bindings are fantastic. I ended up with 3 of them.

Yes, I do owe 80 energy a turn, but I'd like to see you collect I'm behind 37 damage shields

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

TastyLemonDrops posted:

The boss that starts with stealth is some hot garbage, jeez.

That almost feels like it should be one of the end boss states with the level of "oh right poo poo, I need to structure this entire fight around the fact that my layout needs to do this"

It does tell you at the start of the fight who you're facing, but I'm guilty of not even looking, and of course you'd need to face it once atleast to realize the depth of the threat.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

TastyLemonDrops posted:

:psyduck:

You can use Razorsharp Edge (+8 attack, -2 hp) to kill low health enemies.

Lmao that's thinking outside the box

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

Wow Prokhor, good job on your cov 15 win. How'd you manage to do that?

Well, I had a little help from my pal

Dante

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

Ranzear posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_nUMXlBzdM

Proud of my boy making the big plays.

I still did not know spike kills count as slay.

Helll yeah this was sick as hell I can't wait for multiplayer trains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Two things

1) Retch brings back the alt-Umbra hero which is AMAZING

2) have an extremely broken Dante

Wait..........

Retch does WHAT