Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've tried and tried but I have never managed to find Apex or Transcendant Imps, much to my sorry.

I love Umbra and the, uh, candle dudes. I once accidentally lost with Umbra because I was using my Golem as my damage dealer and forgot about Inert because I normally had no reason to worry about it. My Golem ended up going Inert partway through the final wave and while it put up a valiant fight with its Thorns, it eventually died.

Normally this is a non-issue because I generally have the unit that creates morsels every turn alongside the Exiled Champion but I was aiming for a build that minimized morsels and focused on reviving the Champion repeatedly (with the spell that vomits out eaten units), so I didn't have anything to auto-feed the Golem after they stopped letting you play cards.

Game's really fun.

Though after unlocking Covenant 2 I started playing around with Mutators and now I suck even more at the game than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow I finally got a Transcendant Imp run where I just used 2 boosted Empress's Imps, the Exiled Champion's summoned imps, and an Endless Transcendant Imp to murder everything without issue. With help from the Double Summon Artifact and Reforms (for the boosted Imps).

That was a strong run. Didn't bother with Armored or Rage Imps, just spammed damage dealing Imps.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Planned to make a Spell Weakness deck, got an Apex Imp, and it turns out this Imp is like the strongest loving thing in the game cause it had like 5k attack by turn 2 on the Endless.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mainly just intended for the Apex Imp to tank for my champ so I could lay down a fuckton of Spell Weakness on Floor 1 so I could nuke the boss on Floor 2.

So my Apex Imp had Incant: Gain 2 Armor and was also fused with the Incant: Gain 3 Armor Shark.

I also had this totem that had Incant: Give 5 Armor to Friendlies or something.

And also the Artifact that prevented Rage from decaying, as well as the Armor that made every instance of Armor give +4 Armor.

All that added up to create a beast and I never really go to be a spellcaster.

I'd heard people talk about how good it was but I assumed it was as a part of some OP combo. But no, turns out even the most basic of backup can turn it into a beast.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow I never knew how to make Slay Little Fade work until now but then I realized that having the Armor Imp fixes all her problems.

I didn't have the Sacrifice Imp spell so I had to make do with the Piercing Knife that ramps up in damage every time you kill something to kill an Imp so I could Reform it.

I almost hosed myself over by getting Sap on Summon on one of my Armor Imps, though, cause that would prevent stuff from hitting me. Was hella useful on bosses though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I had to uninstall Monster Train cause I kept playing it and it was killing my ability to play other things.

If they ever come out with another DLC or let me use more than 3 perks in a game then god help me.