Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
I mean, it depends on the units you have whether or not train wardens are dead draws. How much capacity of good stuff do you have and how flexibly can you play? Do you have a setup where your unit slots are pretty much predetermined no matter how you draw? Or can you afford to shift stuff around for tempo? You have to figure it out every game.

I also wonder if part of the strategy is getting Train Wardens deliberately killed right away because then your deck is thinner for the second rotation, but it feels like that would take some finesse to make sure they actually die in time to make sure you don't lose the chance to play your good stuff. But that's one advantage to purging a spell and keeping a Train Warden - Wardens effectively have "consume".

And I think the thing you mentioned is precisely HOW you make use of the railspike event - it's a free purge, plus some value when you do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
One of my favorite runs so far put Endless on the +3 rage imp and Holdover on that card that sacs an imp for +2 energy and 1 card draw. That card draw would always draw the imp and let me play it again. I had the relic where Rage doesn't decay, so I just scaled up the Angry Floor and annihilated anyone who dared arrive. Also I got Transecendimp once and it added another like, 40 rage.

Endless can do some really bonkers stuff you just have to think about the whole situation holistically with it and not just add it to add it, since it can be negative value like Smiling Demon mentioned.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

pray for my aunt posted:

Yeah, I was just keeping my deck light and a reform card would have been a deadweight for everything except a champion death, which don't happen until the seraph fight. I was going off with Votivary, Flicker's Liquor and expensive Umbra spells.

I mean, if you deploy the champ on the first floor, then you know your champ is going to die, right? Or you win on first floor in which case clearly you could afford to spend some cards on consistency. I think getting a Permafrosted reform card is really good for that reason - it covers those annoying variance spikes and will always give a ton of value lategame.

Five Eyes posted:

Having a lot of fun with the game a few hours in. Had a bit of trouble getting a Stygian win without Awakened units as a crutch to handle the defense, though.

It feels like having a lot of Stygian totems and spell power and cost reduction would be interesting, but even the cumulative effect of multiple totems wouldn't be enough to deal with later enemies. Maybe I haven't unlocked a totem which lets you handle sweepers or high-health enemies? Is there on-turn card draw which would let your volume of spells per turn reach critical mass?

Yep, the Sap totem can make you totally immune to everything except for thorns. Look at this hilarious run - my setup was having a dmg shield 2 / endless Sap totem, which I later hellvented. And the deck's gimmick was having double sap in front of Spell Weakness 2 Tethys, who would use the safety generated to stack ridiculous spell weakness. But I got unlucky with my Freeze, having only one source of Permafrost that I needed to lose for a Portal - and after doing the spell weakness turn, I didn't draw a single damage spell. GG, right? But the two totems were Endless, so I got them again - and turns out that plus my backup Crucible Warden was enough to win the game single-handedly. That 57 spell weakness ended up just being a nice to have.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Anyone else think the remove consume +1 cost spell upgrade ought to be a minor one? Like sure its occasionally useful but feels like a wasted shop waaaaay more than the others

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Melting secondary is great with Umbra; lots of microsynergies with cleanses+emberdrain, reform+morsels, etc. And pretty much any secondary works fine with Awoken because you'll always have a big boy to put stuff behind so you can work out whatever tickly synergy. Agree that Melting secondary can be pretty annoying with the Hellhorned and Stygian primaries.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, the thing to understand about rejuvination is that as long as you currently have enough to heal to full hp, each additional point of rejuvenation means an entire extra turns worth of damage. That's a lot of damage to get for as cheap as you can get regen stacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Ultima66 posted:

As previously mentioned, RisingDusk has done a several hundred run random clan combo win streak on Cov 25 pre-Divinity, and he does an entire Youtube series where he will take any seed you give him no matter how bad and try to play through a Divinity kill without any prior knowledge. I don't watch his channel myself, but know him as a guest on other videos and he's a beta tester/modder on the game and probably the best overall player.

hey thanks for posting this, RisingDusk was my clan leader in Warcraft III over a decade ago and I had no idea what he was up to these days. For anyone who played WCIII, he's also the creator of Advent of the Zenith and Desert of Exile. The more you know!