Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
If I purge a card does it still turn gold if I win the run?

I have the get 30 gold per energy and purge card and probably don't need to cash it in but I need it to turn gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

Eeepies posted:

Covenent 19 now after getting the game a week ago, and I've mostly been running random/random for every run.

For some reason, I click very well with Tethys, Solgard, the Imp Queen, and Little Fade, and with those 4 I've not lost runs before, but the buffet umbra champion and the hornbreaker I've no idea how to play. Plink is pretty bad, a 3/3 champion that can be eaten three times (in a clan with almost no buffs) makes me struggle on figuring out how to use him, Torch is even worse (1 mana do 2 yay), and the hornbreaker himself feels pretty weak unless juiced up with rage. My only win with hornbreaker was finding the 3 cost rage +10 and sneckos, then duplicating the rage+10 card and giving him like 400+ rage with the double rage card, but that was 1 win out of 6-8 runs so far.

The umbra buffet champion was even worse, I won by finding the -1 space +15 spell damage artifact, and duplicating permafreeze stygian hammers (60 damage thing) with the artifact that reduced frozen cards to 0, but most of the times the champion played no part at all. (and 2 other times it died to Hephestus which was pretty embarrassing).

What am I missing with these 2 champions?

Umbra guy there are two things: take the upgrade that transfers status effects then load him up with status effects. He'll transfer things that the game in other instances doesn't consider buffs like multistrike, burnout, and armor. If you go this route getting the extra servings upgrade is pretty good. 2nd thing is playing him multiple times, either with the disgorge card (which is pretty rare so not something you can plan around but great if it shows up) or by killing him before he's fully swallowed then reforming him. Reforming him also adds attack and HP he can feed to somebody. He's really one of the strongest champs imo.

Prince yeah you're stacking rage/armor. I don't like the +attack on slay at all. Multistrike can kinda suck to start out with if you don't have a way of getting some rage on him to boost his attack because he's dead space for a few battles till you find something. My favorite setup is +rage on revenge/armor on slay for level 1 and then next 2 levels multistrike. He can more or less solo the game like that. If you're locked out of multistrike just take him fully down the +rage/armor path. Spikes trigger slay which can be big.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

ErIog posted:

Wow, next run after I posted I managed to find a way to beat it by getting a really perfect set of relics and events:

Deeplink run summary:
monstertrain://runresult/d7630f98-53c5-420a-ac8b-7cd978b7851c

A win’s a win and I don’t want to be too critical if you managed to pull one out but just looking at this I think you can tell why you’d be having trouble with some combos. I haven’t replayed the run so I don’t know what options were available but some observations:

You leaned into multistrike on your champ. That’s fine but the only source of rage you have is a perils of production and randomly from impsicles. You could be boosting his attack with morsels but you only have one consume plink that could possibly be generating those, and one unmodified shroud mitosis. You may not have had any holdovers for sale, idk, but putting a holdover on the perils of production ASAP is almost always a good idea, and the best idea with a 3x multistrike prince.

If you could get a holdover on the perils all the upgrades that went on that prismatic dust would be better spent on the furnace tap.

Consumer of Crowns is usually a trap but this is a pretty good deck/artifact setup to get him out at least. Still as your only banner unit and no energy upgrades you’ve got almost no chance of getting him out on your first turn. On the whole it does look like a really strong card and artifact draw but one that should be scoring in the mid 40s at least, not squeaking out a win at 28.

I think some clan combos with less than ideal draw make the last divinity unbeatable and some Seraphs you have to plan for a bit but base game I think every run should be winnable.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

That’s really something then.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

GodFish posted:

He's good but the single hit/no trample really holds him back compared to the units you can get going with abyssals. Space is always at a premium for me with his clan too, dunno.

Part of the problem too is that if he’s maxed out you probably want him on an incant floor or you’re wasting 15 incants, but he stops scaling after the 15th one. One level of titanchannel’s enough to win the first 3 rings usually but after that it starts losing value relative to like multistrike sirens or whatever. 3 levels once he’s out he’s an ok unit but it’s late enough that you probably have another big hitter that’s less fussy.

One level of titanchannel and then frost channel’s alright because you skip the low hp first level of frost, but he’s still mostly just a fish. Plus one that needs incant and rules out being on the same floor as a sapstone. He just doesn’t really offer anything new to his clan under any upgrade path and doesn’t synergize that well with it either.

Making him 0 pips until he unphases would help some.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

I don’t remember the last time I took an animus of speed.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

Seedge posted:

Little Fade is pretty much useless unless you get the "Extinguish and come back hitting harder every time", huh? The Burnout buff sounds alright until you try to keep any Burnout units alive past two rounds, and the spikes variant just seems straight up bad.

Spikes kills count as kills and she gains hp every time you reform her. Her starting cards are random reform so you want to make sure you don’t have other stuff in your reform pool to start so you can reform her every turn but once a he’s got a few kills under her belt and has enough spikes to take our back lines she can go parabolic and start wiping out a wave every turn after the first or second. It’s pretty normal to end a game around 200 spikes/200 attack and 300+ isn’t out of the question.

Burnout’s also pretty powerful, ideally you want to be killing and reforming her multiple times a turn (like torch/reform, then let the wave kill her, reform next turn).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

Seedge posted:

That sounds like a lot more work than "let her die to a wave each turn and hit the boss for 300 a go", honestly, but maybe I'll try one of the others out next run. This one got an Extinguish twice in the starting chest, so, welp

I think spikes is fun but yeah I don’t usually mess with the burnout one because it’s fussier and I always accidentally end up sticking a burnout on the wrong thing or something.