Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
One run I got the clacified ember event that upgrades and then the purge event right after so I got 6 of the upgraded embers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I'm at covenant rank 13 and I haven't managed a run with awoken primary since covenant rank 0, how do I get any of their champions working?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Khorne posted:

I play mostly hellhorned+umbra and it is the most consistent combination in the game I've found. I usually win 4-6 games before taking a loss at cov25, and a lot of the time the losses are because I decided doing something would be fun rather than correct. That's without resetting for starting cards. If you reset away really bad starting cards (1-3 resets) the win rate goes up way higher.

I usually aim for brawler 1 + reaper 2, with preferred order reaper 1 -> brawler -> reaper2 . The main problem is if you miss brawler at the second upgrade you better have something going for you or you're going to be in for a hard run.

I try to just draft 2 banner units: morselmaker & crucible warden. Fallback drafts of morselmaster & crucible collector or just random good stuff. Sometimes you miss and need to adapt, and other times you get game changer artifacts like morsels have divine shield 1. It's somewhat flexible with the only awkward part being summon order to get the maker+hellhorned+crucible on the same floor. You can sort of make that work in your favor by having 2-3 crucible guys and 1x morsel guy or it's possible to run no morselmaker/master at all, but if you are offered one and already have a crucible then you should probably take it because it's extremely ember efficient and its power level spikes hard with certain artifacts. Hidden Passage, the dazed card, and cave in also work great for getting everyone on the same floor.

The best card in the game with this strategy is the rare pay x to double trigger devour card. It's worth duplicating over pretty much anything with no spell upgrades except for the x divine shield x card with doublestack which is equally as strong and a common. Spike of the hellhorned or whatever it's called for x armor/x rage is also okay, and a lot of the time you want to force draft at least 1 defensive spell so your champion doesn't die to sweep. The best defensive spell being the divine shield one, but you can't always get it despite it being a common.

Besides that strategy, the real power is the flexibility and baseline strength of the hellhorned champ. As long as you can frontline for him he will single handedly carry. Especially if you hit furnace tap or the trample card. Sometimes you clown car with random good stuff hellhorned/umbra units, sometimes you have the divine shield morsel artifact and morselmakers/morselmasters are busted, sometimes you have holdover inferno, sometimes you can go shadowsiege, sometimes you get early multistrke on crucible guys and duplicate them and fill a few floors with them, sometimes you end up with 30 mana per turn and are slamming 60 divine shield stacks or +300 attack/+300 health from a single morsel. If you miss one thing you hit another, and the decks function well whether they're 18 cards or 34 cards because you mostly want to hit everything once.

I admittedly don't draft wrathful often. I draft it the 1/x games I have not hit the combo I want by the second or third pick. It's fine, but with umbra it's unneeded to frontline the hellhorned champ and actively works against the crucible gorgers.

Gave this a try and even with a really unlucky draw pattern on seraph I steamrolled it easily on cr23! Can recommend.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Awoken/Stygian is such a powerful combo, it's letting me plow through cr25 wins. Get the card draw champion and use that to setup a siren behind a regen tank. The +armor/+health version of each ideally. Get multistrike or something on them and whatever else you get on other floors, cleans up easy.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Speaking of challenges, anyone have advice for the heartless, perma-death one? I've been trying to set up a damage shield crucible with some hellhorned behind it but I've had horrible draft luck.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Anyone have strategies for Expert Challenge Round and Round (that's the one where your units swap spots each round and spells randomly target)

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Got it! used Legion of Wax primary with Hellhorned secondary - I was trying for Imps but instead all I ended up from Hellhorned was two Infernos. Main engine was two +10 Multistrike Legion of Waxes with double Extinguish. What a nightmare of a run.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Finally got Dangerous Minds challenge done. Im convinced you should be able to do it with a good stygian deck but I never was able to get one going. In the end Shroud Mitosis on trample penumbra with stealth did the job but I almost lost from bad draws on seraph anyway. Just down to the last two challenges.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Something like a vent with 10+ and holdover would solve your problem, or trample or multistrike buff for your heavy hitter. Generally try to get your heavy damage first, multiple light hits second. The gorger that heals/deals 10 for each consume with a morselmaker/master on the top floor is your friend too. Holdover (or just a lot of) secret passage can let you split a group of enemies up so you can kill the low hp trash before the heavy hitters hit your line and lets you spread your own units out and then push them all into one row for the boss fight.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Wrathful Hornless and melting reform cards on imps is easy mode for that.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I did a cr1 run and beat the secret boss with a pretty garbage wyrm/horn deck on my first try, but it wouldn't have held up at higher levels. Not being able to directly buff the creatures that hatch seems real rough, though stealing their effects for other clans units seems quite strong.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Zurai posted:

I forget how I got it, but there's a way to give Strike: Melee Weakness 1 to your troops now. That was fun to put on a multi-attacker.

Wouldn't the second attack just remove the first Melee Weakness and stick a new one on it? Seems like it'd be better on a sweeper or something.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Do we know when the new dlc comes out?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Acerbatus posted:

Is Emberdrain instead of Daze on the top floor new to the expansion from the 3 day free weekend?

Dear god

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Working my way up the cr ladder with wurmkin to get the feel for this game back and doing a bit of testing. It looks like you can't boost the number of echos past 10 for a round, and for boss rounds it builds up continuously (to 10?) until everyone on the floor is dead. Similarly, it doesn't seem to apply reap until the end of a fight, not like frostbite that hits after each back and forth round. Does this match what other people are seeing?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I wouldn't go over 125 unless you can make something game changingly powerful.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I haven't gone over 140 shards yet but so far the last divinity has been much easier than the seraph has been. Found out today that there isn't an achievement for beating it before it goes relentless.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

IAmThatIs posted:

The glory of Apex Imp
I wish I could swap it in for my champ lol

What's the build for Apex Imp?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

IAmThatIs posted:

Anything that synergizes with adding armor or augmentating rage. Base case every point of armor is two points of damage, but you can really run wild with it if you lean in with deranged brute, resonant shard, and rail spike.

E:
Here's a Voyix run where he does 2k+ damage turn 2 vs seraph, with a bad draw. A good draw would have instagibbed seraph
https://youtu.be/nLuN25k6iMM

oh my god

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
So it turns out transcendimp will copy Echowright's summon egg ability.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Does anyone have any tips for Wurmkin Primary/Stygian Guard secondary (standard clans) on CR25 vs Last Divinity? Even when I get ridiculous builds that sweep through Seraph I can't seem to get a setup that lasts vs the LD.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Complaining on the internet always works, got it on my next run with a double siren and an UP from an Olde Magic. It was close since the Sweep floor almost killed my sirens but they were able to kill TLD the turn they would have died. Thanks for the tips though!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I've been working my way through CR 25 Divine wins with the different clans but I've hit a solid wall on (standard) Umbra Primary / Wurmkin Secondary, I can't figure out how to get any synergy going between them. Umbra secondary with wurm primary was mostly just using wurmskin stuff with morsel's to help out occasionally (and damage shields). What have you all been doing?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Maybe it would get rid of the "incant +armor" effect if it takes off multistrike?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Eason the Fifth posted:

I've only done it once, and it was mostly based on good luck, but I think my build was very Umbra heavy:
Top floor: Penumbra Glutton-specced with morselmaker/master (maybe 1 in Trample)
Middle floor: Crucible collector with morselmaker/master
Bottom floor: Shadowseige with quick & multistrike
Gap filler: Kinhost Carapace
Magic: Mostly reap-focused to DOT bosses during the length of the battle, with Echo Infusion/Echo Snare to buff Umbra units
Relics: Fossilized Fangs (hugely important)/Refined Void

Finally got a win, in the end it came down some crap tossed on the lower floors and a single Alloyed Construct with Multistrike and a Shroud Spike with remove consume/holdover.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Acerbatus posted:

This might actually be the hardest achievement to get :v:

How'd you get it?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
How do you make Solgard not be complete garbage, I don't get it. He seems like either
A: a beefy guy who takes way too long to power up
B: a single strong hit that you can't really modify (why doesn't the damage spill over??)
C: a frostbite shark you can't put endless on

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Any tips for CR25 Divine Victory Exile Umbra primary either Wurmkin secondary? I'm completely stumped. I either flame out halfway through the run or hit a brick wall against TLD, I can't build anything up quick enough to stop the first few floors from wiping my pyre out on floor 2 or can survive the sweep on floor 3. I also generally just really hate the Exiled Umbra morsel generation cards, they're so much finickier to use.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I'm going to have to check them out since I've still been stuck on primodium/wurm despite the helpful advice from other posters.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Finally got it! This run was the first time I've ever seen the Morsel-made and it completely breaks Primodium (and the Umbra in general's) weakness against TLD. Put it on an Alloyed Construct and tossed a doublestacked Furnace Tap on it with a Morselmaker (infused with a Morselmaker for the +6 per round to help it last through sweep) and slept through the rest of the floor. Got a Retch towards the end and that was just the cherry on top.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

One other thing you can try is using an Expert Challenge to give your combo a little boost. Some of the challenges are actually a little easier to win with than the standard gameplay ruleset, depending on the factions' particular strengths and weaknesses. The one where you don't have a champion but your units are better in some way that I now forget is a pretty popular one, for instance.

Do the Expert Challenges count towards your clears?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I've seen one (1) Apex Imp. It carried my to an easy tld25 victory even with barely any armor sources.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
The phased one also just feels too weak to put out the damage needed for TLD waves for the space he takes up too. I just don't like him.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
He's good but the single hit/no trample really holds him back compared to the units you can get going with abyssals. Space is always at a premium for me with his clan too, dunno.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Alloyed Construct is pretty much my go-to for tld runs at this point. Either slap it onto a Crucible or another copy. Obviously a morsel made is nicer but failing that, the extra double strike you get out of it is vital.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

I don’t remember the last time I took an animus of speed.

I'll pick it up to slap Speed on something else if nothing better pops up.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Acerbatus posted:

Huh, I tried it now and it didn't seem to. I'll have to try again.

Really? Maybe I'm wrong but I'd swear they did.