Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Next expansion on September 3rd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoq3PnpEwcA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I don't think we saw the tier 3 of the frostbite version either. If it caps at something like 5-10 frostbite per shard, it would be very easy for it to outdo Tethys since it comes with sweep and you don't have to worry about spikes.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
If you're going to abuse imps and melting remnant, I feel like this is the way to go:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Just announced paid DLC with a sixth clan. No much more info except it will be a few months until it comes out.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

IAmThatIs posted:

Last night I got really close to the 50,000 point daily achievement :( once I get that, I'll have completed everything but the secret achievement!

I'm assuming the secret achievement has something to do with gilding all cards, I still have a couple of event cards to gild smh

No, mastering cards isn't related to an achievement so it's got to be something else.

Here's a first look at the DLC stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5smYCtcZJk

New clan is wormkin. The four mechanics that showed up were a per room resource called infusion that does various things, a countdown mechanic involving that, a pseudo-frostbite called reap and cards that play around with the consume.

There is also a new location called the dark temple that "let's you spend shards to upgrade or merge spells" and an event showed up that let's you build a card applying various mechanics to it.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
There is a public test of the upcoming DLC on Steam starting sometime tomorrow and lasting until Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5WavhFULgY

The list of what's being added:

The Wurmkin Clan, an officially supported sixth clan is being added to Monster Train. The wurmkin have their own number of unique triggers, gameplay mechanics, as well as a full set of cards, hero champion and exiled champion, and unique relics.
1 New Rare Card for each existing Clan
11 New Clanless Artifacts
4 New Clanless Cards
New Concealed Caverns Events
A New Currency Type is being added: Shards. Each ring has a specific node to interact with which will grant you shards, and the node can be accessed by either path
5 New Expert Challenges
10 New Mutators
Additional Unlockable Card Frames
Post-Seraph Super Boss

LostRook fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 8, 2021

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The public test is up on Steam, so if you own the original game you can try the new DLC free until Sunday.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
DLC releases March 25th for $11.99

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

ErIog posted:

I didn't call them hostile. I called them a smug condescending jackass, and they got a hostile response in return. That's what happens when you're smug and condescending to people.

You, on the other hand, are far less of a condescending jackass and so my response to you was less hostile. Interesting how that works!

I think the point is that on the internet intent can be difficult to imply and infer. It's also possible Tokyo Sex Whale had no intention of being smug and accidently came across as such or that you've misread smugness that didn't exist. Generally, assuming good faith makes for more pleasant interactions both online and off, and even if you do have strong evidence that someone is acting in bad faith calling it out in such a fashion come across poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu0IHREyljc

Trailer for upcoming new game by the Monster Train devs.