Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I found the game on GamePass and now I'm super addicted. Definitely gonna buy it on Switch (if such a port doesn't run like garbage). Made it up to covenant 4 so far. I think it's something special that the very first covenant rank gives the final boss +140% HP. Quite the difficulty jump.

Anyone have some tips on how to play Hellhorned primary? It's probably the one clan I don't 'get' yet and I'm itching to get at least a covenant 1 win with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm still chasing a Hellhorned win but I randomed into an alt Stygian/alt Awoken run that was a lot of fun.

This run was absolutely saved on the last floor when I picked up the artifact that allowed double incants. Solgarde, the Guard and the two incant stones on a single floor and every spell cast there was a torrent of incant triggers. I was missing a covenant win with the Sygian Guard at any rank so I can check that one off.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I got my Hellhorned win at rank 1 but it was close. Seraph finished off by the Pyre itself.

Also:

This was probably a waste and will cost me this run but I can't stop laughing.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Today's daily is pretty funny. Spoilered in case anyone wants to figure it out themselves.

Start with a ton of energy that doesn't decay and on the second floor draw Shadowsiege and then immediately get the refraction even that reduces its capacity to 1. Later it got copied and after I found the pyrestone housing one of them got multistrike, then I drew the Onehorned Tome. Seraph didn't stand a chance.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I play via GamePass which to my knowledge does not include the dlc so I have no familiarity with its mechanics. I'm having a blast with the base stuff but is the dlc worth picking up? I guess I'd buy the game outright too if I were to do that.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Small hill or whatever but I feel pretty accomplished clearing covenant 10, streaking on my covenant 9 clear no less.

Turns out applying 20 stealth every unit on the train is a very effective strategy. Could have gone much differently if I fought the anti-buff Seraph.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

First Class is out on Switch and I picked it up so I'm climbing the covenant ladder from scratch again. Funny story, I won the tutorial run the game throws you into when you start it up with a gross rage/multistrike combo with the Hellhorned champion and a Demon Fiend. Despite being ostensibly covenant 0 and counted as such, all the bosses had covenant 1 HP. Didn't stop me though, and in fact this was one of my better Hellhorned/Awoken games.

Some thoughts on the port, docked: title loading took like 20 seconds and it had me worried but loading within the run was fast. Seems to run at 30 fps or so and I didn't notice any slowdown. Controls are ok and obviously not as fast as a mouse but they are fine. I accidentally ended my turn before I did anything once and it almost ended disastrously.

Edit: Did a run handheld, played about the same.
Double edit: They seemed to sacrifice some of the lore which I dislike.

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 20, 2021

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It’s just a few little things. Like the blurbs about the the clans on the run departure screen, and there doesn’t appear to be a way to see the enemy lore.

Definitely not a huge con, but I do feel its absence.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Seedge posted:

How am I supposed to make this Martyr Stygian champion work? They seem absolutely terrible. The damage per stack happens when they would normally attack, so it's really just a different way to show their attack strength, and frost on revenge seems bad on something with no health.

My best run with the Sygian Guard in general was with Solgard and the Titanchannel trait (gain enough shards and leave phased as a super beefy unit). It was an incant heavy run with the artifact that makes incant proc twice (recall that gaining shards is an incant trigger).

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Playing on the Switch is my first introduction to the DLC so I'm the opposite and am very hesitant to take shards. Luv 2 beat up the Seraph without them though.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

Why the heck is this 2x the price on switch as it is steam?

????

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Can't help you there. It's $30 US on Switch which according to that bundle I linked is actually cheaper. :shrug:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There is only one strat I know I can take way high on the covenant track without a thought and it's getting Little Fade killed over and over again and having her alpha strike everything.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm finally playing the dlc with some regularity (gamepass version was lacking it) and it's good. How did I get along without Apex Imps?

3748 damage :eyepop:
(Also if anything survived that the apex imp would do 1600 damage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Dig the look. Need to see more the gameplay though.