Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Genuinely surprised the thread is not subtitled Convey the Pyre.

Just won a Melting remnant/Stygian guard run with full reform Flicker. Got an early quick upgrade on a sweep unit, and that plus a little extra damage is so good at clearing backlines, at least at low covenant rank. That plus the unit that gains permanent damage on death with multistrike 2 cleared easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Dregs are fine as a starting clan card though - they cost 0 and effectively have consume so it's easy to thin out your deck the first time through. They don't necessarily do all that much, but no starting clan cards are exactly great.

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013

Jedit posted:

They do not. It's only cards in your deck at the end of the run.

However, if you don't use that card in the current fight or the next one, you'll get an artifact which changes "Purge" to "Consume" on all your cards.

I just won a run where I had that card for 4+ fights and did not get the flower.

In other news the cavern event where you pick up 1 energy/2 blights plus snecko gauge is absolutely ridiculous.

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Yeah Explosive Awoken is pretty good really. Awoken have access to a lot of sweep units that yer spiky boi does not synergise with. Explosive combos with that nicely - you do explode damage to the front unit once per turn if you have regen, plus an additional time for every heal applied, and your (ideally quick) sweeper cleans up the back rank.

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
If anyone is after the Score 50k points in a daily challenge I'd recommend todays. It's a Sketches of Salvation run with an early Consumer of Crowns, so I ended up killing Seraph on turn 2 of the fight.

3 hours left!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermosAquaticus
Nov 9, 2013
Pick the right daily. I got it by killing both Fel and Seraph before the combat phase, so yeah that is valuable. Don't think it has to be literally the first turn though.