Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Finally made it to Covenant 25 by random-randoming! Tbh I wish C25 was something more exciting than extra health on Seraph, I like how StS handles A20 a lot more.

Still, I really like this game. Being forced to experiment with new synergies by randoming is awesome, my C24 win was with Stygian-Umbra, who I hadn't previously won with. It turns out combining the double incant artifact, sap totems and holdover/no consume excavated embers is brokenly good. Seraph didn't even touch me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
I have now beaten the game at Cov 25 with all 20 base combinations. In that time, I haven’t seen the bone doggo a single time.

FUUUUUUUUUCK

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
So the newest update will bring mods 👀

EDIT
Also:
On October 22nd the appearance rate for Bone Dog's Favor will slightly increase permanently + he gets his own standalone event. AND for a limited time, during Herzal's Workshop launch celebrations (Halloween), his appearance chance significantly increases.

IAmThatIs fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 13, 2020

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
So the patch just dropped, time to hit every cavern event to maaaaaybe see the bone dog lol

Also, I'm very excited about mods. I've been writing up the basic ideas for an avatar themed one, but have absolutely no idea on how to get started on the actual coding. Anybody have advice?

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Last night I got really close to the 50,000 point daily achievement :( once I get that, I'll have completed everything but the secret achievement!

I'm assuming the secret achievement has something to do with gilding all cards, I still have a couple of event cards to gild smh

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Acerbatus posted:

I think the only secrets achievements are
and Thief! Stop! for the Petty Thief cavern event

It’s this one lol after 279 hours

Also I’m really struggling on the 50k cheevo, does anyone have advice? From what I’ve seen, turn one seraph kills seem mandatory

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Just got 100% achievements! Honestly GOTY 2020 for me. Cannot wait to give them more money lol

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
2 hours until DLC release!!

Monster Train - 'Choo'se to give money

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
This update rules.
I love the balancing act of the new currency allowing for powerful combinations, and then staring down the barrel of superpowered enemies. 20/290 enemies do not gently caress around huh

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
I think it's fascinating how differently the 30 permutations can play. An umbra/waxer run will be fundamentally different from a wyrmkin/stygian run.

Also, I've yet to beat the last divinity because I can't make it to it. Whenever I get greedy with shards I just die

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Eason the Fifth posted:

ok fellas so what's your favorite stomp-rear end builds

The glory of Apex Imp
I wish I could swap it in for my champ lol

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

GodFish posted:

What's the build for Apex Imp?

Anything that synergizes with adding armor or augmentating rage. Base case every point of armor is two points of damage, but you can really run wild with it if you lean in with deranged brute, resonant shard, and rail spike.

E:
Here's a Voyix run where he does 2k+ damage turn 2 vs seraph, with a bad draw. A good draw would have instagibbed seraph
https://youtu.be/nLuN25k6iMM

IAmThatIs fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 1, 2021

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

pray for my aunt posted:

Legion of Wax with the ability to infuse another unit on it has made it even dumber (The little guys keep the infusion). With "Slay: +10 Gold" I had more money than I could spend, but I'm sure there's away more ridiculous things you could do. Actually, "Harvest: +5 Gold" would be exponentially dumber as each one would harvest the ones in front.

:eyepop: that’s genius

Also I just got my first divinity kill! Multi striking sirens and quick wyndleton is a good time

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Scourge Fel always gets the respect Daedalus energy choice from me, I've been burned too many times...

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Just beat the divinity at Cov25 with all 60 combinations! Game good.

I might do some data analysis on which combos were the best vs worst for me. I got a 6 game streak with Wurmkin primary, while default Melting/Wurmkin took over 15 tries.

Watching cranberry and voyix has been great for discovering new and exciting ways to both break the game and reliably roll with the punches.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

GodFish posted:

primodium/wurm

The way I won that one was with 2 keeper of echoes and a bunch of infused cards. Every card i played gave +2 +2 to the floor, and then the primordium stat buffs were eaten again.

The run history tool is pretty awesome! I hadn’t used it much before looking back at all my runs

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
They just announced MT is coming out for the Switch, August 19th!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Starsnostars posted:

If you beat the seraph but lose to the last divinity does the game still give you a covenant unlock? I'm hoping it's like sts in that regard where you can lose to the heart and still make progress.

I do not believe so :/
I do see the argument why, because by getting the benefits of 100 shards you're stronger than you'd otherwise be. Meanwhile in STS you're just penalizing yourself by going after the heart.