Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

definitely preferred slay the spire’s way of giving you ascension bonuses, picking from the whale guy in the beginning. random cards just trigger me into removing them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

too bad frostbite caps at 999, could’ve gone much higher on my last win

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Blorange posted:

Does this game feel kinda 'samey' to anyone else? I've played through 4 runs and I've won them all by putting two runes on a beefy monster, duplicating it, and running straight buffs from then on.

that’s probably the strongest way to win, but other strategies can work. artifacts also change things a lot, grab more of those if you’re bored

where do y’all put the stygian champ? second row? i like him with magic amp and can’t decide if first or second is best. i’m not certain on vertical positioning at all really.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

what does this mean, go infinite? english is not my first language

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Keep it going by reforming it?

iirc it reforms with 5 health every time

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

dregs are great with the artifact that gives you amber for every two units played

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

hellhorned is so easy, just get 5x copies of double stacked ritual of battle and volatile gauge then cast them all on your multi strike champ and double the rage with last stand. bing bang boom

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Krakhan posted:

Kind of a weird comic, considering I had a run lately that easily plowed through that, though Stygian/Hellhorned. Most of it had little to do with the allied clan though, and more to do with how much frostbite I had stacked from some lucky and choices I made early in the run, even when he was still on the right side of the train and not during the final wave.

Anyways this was the run. Volatile Gauge with Titanstooth start leads to crazy stuff.

yeah it’s not the hardest seraph by far. he got me once tho, i just thought the art was funny.