Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

LabyaMynora posted:

Remember how Playing the Angel was their best album since Songs of Faith and Devotion, and then Sounds of the Universe sucked so much that you could buy the entire album on digital download off Amazon for $3.00 on the day of its release?
Truly I could not believe how good Playing the Angel was, but "In Chains," "Wrong," and "Jezebel" are all pretty rad.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

except the part where it was mixed loving horribly and had perhaps the worst audio clipping and distortion of any album ever recorded.

which was a shame because songwriting-wise it was indeed a kickass album. the vinyl release doesn't have those problems since it's not possible on record, so listening to that release is the way to go.
:stare: I always assumed that was an intentional (and bad) mixing decision; surely someone has ripped the vinyl release to YouTube by now so I can hear "Suffer Well" without it blowing my ears off while blowing my mind

Also "Waiting for the Night" is literally the sound of the universe (see what I did there) singing you to sleep, how can it not be mentioned as a best song yet

My Lovely Horse posted:

That being said, What's Your Name and A Photograph Of You are two of the very worst songs I have heard in my entire life.
:mad: What good is a single post from you?
Every time I read one
It makes me feel blue

Spinz posted:

Is there a Ben n Jerry's Depeche Mode flavor?
What would it have besides nuts?
  • Blackberry Cinnabration hahahahahha dammit never laugh at your own jokes
  • The Sweetest Condition(!)
  • Whirled in: Five Pies
  • BanaNodiscoconut
  • Ice [Cream] Machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU