Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Paracelsus posted:

For another example of well-done heavy-hitting end-of-the-heroes'-journey stories, you might also try Yuusha Goikkou no Kaerimichi, a one-shot that's also one of the highest-rated manga on mangadex.

It puts the thinnest of veils over what the "twist" is going to be, but the conclusion still hits like a truck.

Dammit, this one had me crying like a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Lurking Haro posted:

I'm going to steal the mage using Animate Dead/Flesh Puppet to walk the party home for a RPG round someday (and of course the loving paladin will try to smite them).

Yuusha Goikkou no Kaerimich spoilers
Well, there are some that think raising the dead as an evil act, something about trapping their souls or causing them spiritual pain...

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Besides the moral arguments, I really like Himmel moving so fast to save the hostage child, that he cut off the demon's arm and grabbed the child before anyone could even blink.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

The old falling face first gag always makes me laugh

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Yeah, I didn't need to cry right now.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

drat, I didn't realize Fern became such a badass. That was some modern gunship death from above firepower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

I really liked the black angel wings mage. I hope him and the priest lady show back up later. She can get some Frieren head pats in, while making Fern angry :)