Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"you lack vision, but i see a premium video company where people log on and off our app. on and off, off and on all day, all night. soon, where free apps once stood will be an aggregation of interactive video, popular stars, and thoughtfully-curated content. lighthouse productions, quick bites, and rotatable point of view as far as your phone can turn. my god, it'll be profitable."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
That lame-brained "Quick Bites" idea could only be cooked up by a Boomer

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
iirc meg whitman's run for ca governor as a repub got tanked cause she hired an illegal immigrant housecleaner. no im not fact checking this

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
shut up, meg

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got a trial to watch the golden arm show. it was incredibly bad and the experience was bad

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

its only failing because of the corona virus

"whats that? everyone is streaming like never before, netflix is adding millions of users and people are binging TV shows for hours on end?"

"MILLIENIALS!" or zoomers or whatever the gently caress generation we hate today

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

"ZOMMERS!" i scream as i slowly shrink and transform into a quibi

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

katzenberg is a legit evil hell boss. i can't imagine ever working on one of his projects lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

if you can, watch the documentary "waking sleeping beauty" to see how much of an rear end in a top hat he was at disney in the 90's

i think it's on disney plus

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
dude schedules meetings at 7 in the morning. what an rear end in a top hat

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The plan is to get exclusive contracts with YouTube personalities, right? I hope they get that far because there are a whole lot of YouTube personalities I’d love to never hear about again

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

refleks posted:

"ZOMMERS!" i scream as i slowly shrink and transform into a quibi

this is some kind of up the butt fetish

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

lolled at the rotor bait in the op and the resultant response.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

god drat thats a good film

god of cookery is still my favorite, it's basically the same movie but about celebrity chefs, chow even recycled a lot of the jokes for shaolin soccer

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Kirk posted:

have you heard of quibi, the mobile-only video streaming service that has been brought into the world by this pair of corporate liches, jeffrey katzenberg and meg whitman (you might recall thjat whitman was the ceo of HP and she fuckin sucked at it. the only good thing she did was axe webOS):

it launched in april or whatever and i just started paying attention to it now so if more funny things have happened since then tell me

quibi is some hilarious bullshit that could only have arisen from a c-suite hotbox. they somehow raised 1 billion earth dollars for what might be the dumbest idea for a streaming platform ever (except for crunchyroll, the streaming platform for pedophiles). imagine this: you get to pay $5 to watch E X C L U S I V E tiktok videos on your phone with a bunch of ads. BUT you can pay $8 a month to not see the ads.

lets hear the visionary leaders explain quiburp!!! when asked why the gently caress anyone cares about his dumbass dead end platform, katzenberg explains:

ya ok sounds like you're either lying or oblivious but either way go on

uhhh maybe theres a really good value proposition

what is it that hollywood knows how to do?

oh its this:

lmbo

but wait they have some hot-as-fire streaming tech that its gonna knock ur fuckin dick off: portrait AND landscape support

anyway if youre concerned this platform might not take off have i got some news for you

:madmax:

hey kirk

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

qirex posted:

god of cookery is still my favorite, it's basically the same movie but about celebrity chefs, chow even recycled a lot of the jokes for shaolin soccer

god of cookery is the best stephen chow movie and only kung fu hustle beats it in the "undeserving rear end in a top hat gets his life fixed for free" department

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Cat Face Joe posted:

god of cookery is the best stephen chow movie and only kung fu hustle beats it in the "undeserving rear end in a top hat gets his life fixed for free" department

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

the episode duration upper limit happens to be the lower limit specified by the various film and tv unions

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

JumpinJackFlash posted:

dude schedules meetings at 7 in the morning. what an rear end in a top hat

doesn't surprise me in the slightest. there's a book called DisneyWar which is basically the rise and fall of michael eisner at disney, but it also touches on katzenberg because he and eisner had a massive falling out

and my recollection from that book is that katzenberg basically just lived life in a perpetual state of meeting. at his office he'd constantly have two lines active, talking to someone on one while his secretary queued up a call on the other, and just bounce to the other line as soon as the first call was 'done'. in-person visitors would get squeezed in for up to thirty seconds between calls as time permitted. never arrived at a meeting on time; people in the studio basically learned to just post a lookout for his car, and only when he was sighted would they actually convene in the conference room.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

you can now airplay Quibi videos because I guess they figured out no one is leaving the house anyway

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i still dont know what quibi is and it’s kind of fun this way

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

things it might be:

1. an app
2. a youtube channel

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

you can now airplay Quibi videos because I guess they figured out no one is leaving the house anyway

do i need two TVs to get all the different angles available that definitely has a positive impact on the content being watched and not an incredible waste of time

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

President Beep posted:

things it might be:

1. an app
2. a youtube channel

Quibi brings together the best of Hollywood and Silicon Valley.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

quibi sent a c&d to a podcast that was gonna be a big sloppy quibilingus for their shows but they sent them a list of bizarre demands so they pivoted to being a quibi takedown show

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

qburtis

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
q*bert >> quibi

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i recall reading of tacitus’ study of the quibii, an obscure germanic tribe.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
if you have more than one quibi they're a quibus

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i was quibicurious when i got the trial

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
Every morning I wake up and slam the What's New button in quibi. It's Quibi's Big Bang Theory spinoff and right then and there I start saying the jokes alongside with the main character, Sheldon Cooper. I recite every pop-culture reference they can cram into 5 minutes. Making math jokes and computer sound effects with my mouth. Not many can say they can watch videos cropped perfectly for both portrait and landscape mode. I can. I say it and I say it out loud every day to people on my favorite computer forum and all they do is prove people on yospos can still be immature jerks. And I've seen all the quibi content and I've learned how to make myself and my apartment less lonely by rewatching all of it every day. 2 hours including wind down every morning. Then I post.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

President Beep posted:

i recall reading of tacitus’ study of the quibii, an obscure germanic tribe.

good beepin right here. would quike (quibi like) and shquib (quibi share) to my friends.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

satya please bring back squirting

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

anime hate is racism qtiyd

edit: imagine hating anime in 2020 cmon

https://twitter.com/bikinibabelover/status/109290514783809536?lang=en

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but what if I really don't like it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

you’ll listen to it, god dammit, and you’ll like it!

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
Quibi Will Close Down in One of Hollywood’s Biggest Flops

lol

Among the names being floated for possible Biden Cabinet posts are Meg Whitman, the CEO of Quibi

lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cool its pissflaps

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

jesus christ democrats are loving pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

maciej had a good line “if you put Meg Whitman at the helm of the titanic she’d miss the iceberg and somehow end up in an active volcano”