Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
if any group of scientists and engineers have a chance of turning a "water tower" into a functional flying spacecraft it's probably the same people that finally built reusable rocket boosters while the rest of the private space industry was content to churn out billion-dollar expendable handjobs for it's shareholders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Finally some loving good news

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
It's from a space book, I forget which one somebody else probably knows

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The second stage is not reusable

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress did that guy make it past all the psych evaluations Jesus christ

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Could be that they passed the evaluations and then went nuts later. There was that one astronaut who put on a diaper and drove across the country to confront her ex.

I hadn't thought of that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeUbrJ9uicA

babypolis posted:

it would be pretty cool if we manage to survive total climate collpase and become the precursor civilization that exists in every sci fi story

I think we're on track to leave some ruined bases/proto colonies on the Moon and possibly Mars at least!

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Vomik posted: