Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It is a mystery.

'Nobody's going to keep me out of that chatroom'

Drop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Taco is licking Hitler in heaven now. farewell

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I didn't know this person but it's very sad to hear. RIP :(

Also, I'm sorry for making GBS threads up this thread but I had a total holy gently caress moment while looking at the Twitter page of the person in the OP and seeing this tweet:
https://twitter.com/ovtheeflovvers/status/1188148242913153026
Back in the day I was friends with the woman who starred in that movie, lived in the same apartment building, and we used to joke about that movie all the time (specifically the Hormel chili "bed making GBS threads" scene). Sorry, too random not to mention.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That name I am hoar sounds super familiar.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Milo and POTUS posted:

That name I am hoar sounds super familiar.

Think he posted under “brotherfucker69” or something idk. :shrug:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Telebite posted:

As for pronouns, I have always referred to a transgendered person in the past tense as "he" if I'm talking about them pre op, and "her" if I'm talking about them post op. Should I just use their preferred pronoun for all past tense use? I promise I'm genuinely not sure.

Always use the preferred. The person you're referring to whenever this comes up likely was their preferred gender prior to any physical transition, but perhaps hadn't let anyone know.

Basically, you'll rarely if ever be in the wrong by using the preferred, but you might be if you don't, even though I totally get your logic.

At the very least, if you're really not sure, then default to they/them/their.

Edit: also :rip: Taoc :smith:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 30, 2020

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSqp-W1pWoU

ghosted

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

rotinaj posted:

drat, that’s super sad. I would use “song for a stupid raver shithead” as sonic warfare though my entire time at college, and thought it was loving brilliant.

:smith:

i always enjoyed this track and listened to it all the time.

Warpy
May 24, 2003

"KABOOOOM!"
I used to spread so many samples of taoc the wodner dog's music through HLDJ in internet multiplayer games... The reactions to it were very distinct. Good times.

RIP :rip::rip::rip:

Warpy fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 30, 2020

Stanky Bean
Dec 30, 2004

other people posted:

i always enjoyed this track and listened to it all the time.

that part where the cheers theme really gets going and horribly overmodulated makes me smile every time.

RIP

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
One of the originals. Sad day.

420 20
Apr 21, 2020
We should all start misspelling our posts in solidarity

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
rip

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

drat, I lurked for a few years prior to registering my account and I always got a laugh out of TAOC. RIP, Classic Goon

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Here's a massive archive of Taco's stuff, plus a smaller supplement that probably has a few more things not in the first one, that I found on this series of Newgrounds posts, so uh download at your own risk I guess.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

TAOC THE WODNER DOG

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

rip im sorry

Very greatful for everything TAOC related

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
A good poster.

God I love "stupidravershithead".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Takes me back. RIP TAOC

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Rey sorry to hear this. Shine on TAOC

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Warpy posted:

The reactions to it were very distinct

I'm using this. Thanks

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Sorry to hear this. She was one of the standout posters in the early forums and I still remember her work.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Aw man, she was the best at that early-2000's manic poo poo media. RIP in the big forums in the sky. :(

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
TAOC fuckin ruled, she will be deeply missed.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

aw man that loving sucks, taco was my favourite character in Awful Fantasy 3
https://lparchive.org/Awful-Fantasy/Update%2010/

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

rest in peace to a true OG, a giant of posting in a world that is more and more white noise by the day

so many people i knew from the golden age of online are dead now, it is very depressing.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I used to talk to Taco on aim way back in the day. We shared a lot of music and would talk about art and stuff. I hadn’t talked to them in a while and always wondered what had happened to them. This loving sucks.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Taco was one of my favourite early SA posters :(

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
the tf2 server i played on loved to annoy everyone by spamming big coke over a custom audio mod. the admin would force us to listen to song for the raver shithead while we played the worst custom maps we could find. the days when we had all just realized you can put anything on the internet, literally anything, and that knowledge was still exciting, ended in practice a while ago but now it's official. my day is ruined. goodbye to a pioneer

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Telebite posted:

As upset as I am at her suicide, I will never stop also being upset about her decision to deliberately delete her YouTube account and all of her art. Why not just abandon it rather than deleting it? I will never understand artists who deliberately destroy their own work.

Artists are allowed to create work for themselves, choose to share it with an audience, and choose when they would like to stop sharing it.

RIP TAOC

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Wow... what a gut punch to read this thread.

Taco's flash animations introduced me to a lot of weird and interesting music that's stuck with me for years. You never know when you put yourself out there who will be touched and influenced by you. RIP Taco the Wonder Dog. Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Loden Taylor posted:

Here's a massive archive of Taco's stuff, plus a smaller supplement that probably has a few more things not in the first one, that I found on this series of Newgrounds posts, so uh download at your own risk I guess.

Thank you very much for this, i've been looking for some of these for years (specifically the Clips from the supplemental zip)

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
That sucks, TAOC ruled, now I'm going to try to find the mess of saved mp3s and videos I know I have somewhere, I used to enjoy them all the time.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I'm sad i missed their by all accounts colorful life but I'm glad she can be remembered through sharing these parts of her. Thanks everyone

Two Worlds
Feb 3, 2009
An IMPOSTORE!
she was honestly a singular voice and vision, i'm mad that she's gone, i'm mad that so much of her work is gone, and i'm mostly mad that i hadn't been a better friend to her when i had the chance

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
rip taco you were one of my early internet heroes

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
https://www.somethingawful.com/hosted/firemancomics/flash.htm
chef.swf can be found here

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
It is every goons fate to become a transsexual and kill themselves

we live on borrowed time

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

the tf2 server i played on loved to annoy everyone by spamming big coke over a custom audio mod. the admin would force us to listen to song for the raver shithead while we played the worst custom maps we could find. the days when we had all just realized you can put anything on the internet, literally anything, and that knowledge was still exciting, ended in practice a while ago but now it's official. my day is ruined. goodbye to a pioneer

2fort2furious? I know they had a huge list of weird custom songs and terrible map tuesday and lots of fun stuff, I got introduced to some interesting stuff from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Why is everything so goddamn horrible RIP to one of the best. gently caress man.