Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Bum the Sad posted:

It is every goons fate to become a transsexual and kill themselves

we live on borrowed time

Yeah wtf is up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

RIP TAOC TEH WODNER DOG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzKKpQsEH3U

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nooner posted:

Yeah wtf is up with that?

probably because theres a lot more trans people than you realize, on SA as well, because they feel they have to hide and that makes them have ptsd and depression so they kill themselves there ya go. That's my theory anyways.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
RIP. I remember when TAOC was a guest on a show hosted by a fellow goon on the University of Toledo radio station back in 2001. I called to confirm they successfully censored a "gently caress" when they played one of her songs because they were worried it would slip through. Exciting story, I know.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000
:smith: Definitely one of the legends. I’ve thought about her stuff over the years and remembered it fondly.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
can we not argue in this thread this is really sad and I hope we can do better

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Bum the Sad posted:

It is every goons fate to become a transsexual and kill themselves

we live on borrowed time

I'm in this post and I don't like it

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

TAOC TEH WODNER DOG - SONG FOR THE STUPID RAVER SHITHEAD WHO LIVES UNDERNEATH ME AND ALWAYS PLAYS HIS lovely MUSIC REALLY LOUD AND MAKES MY FLOOR VIBRATE AND AT ONE POINT HE LEFT HIS ROOM BUT LEFT THE STEREO ON AND IT SKIPPED AND I HAD TO LISTEN TO IT FOR FOUR loving HOURS

A wonderful example of proto-shitposting on a whole other level really, bravo TAOC

iS!
May 23, 2003
Almost An Ambigram

Junk posted:

Wow... what a gut punch to read this thread.

Taco's flash animations introduced me to a lot of weird and interesting music that's stuck with me for years. You never know when you put yourself out there who will be touched and influenced by you. RIP Taco the Wonder Dog. Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Absolutely. I'm crazy about Renaldo and the Loaf and U.S. Maple because of her. And I have Hidden Bone and Hidden Gristle, the album she made with SydBarrett around 2005, on CD.

Somewhere on one of the computers in my house I have her "X-ACTO MAGIC!!" thread where she posted scans of comics that she had cut up to change the dialogue. Wally from Dilbert says, "I live in a big tin egg and can jam a smiling new guy." And in another comic, someone just yells, "TOOTH! TOOTH! TOOTH! TOOTH!" Two more quotes: "The doctor fainted! All bets are off!" "Your baby! It grew! Inside me! LOOK AT ME!"

(apologies for bump, I just found out)

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I remember finding you are a chef and a very mario thanksgiving when i was 10 or 11 don't remember how but it blew my mind

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have great memories of sitting with one of my friends, loudly watching I Love Doritos (or whatever it was actually called) on lovely macs in the computer lab in high school, and annoying the poo poo out of people.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Good luck goon

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

iS! posted:

Absolutely. I'm crazy about Renaldo and the Loaf and U.S. Maple because of her. And I have Hidden Bone and Hidden Gristle, the album she made with SydBarrett around 2005, on CD.

Somewhere on one of the computers in my house I have her "X-ACTO MAGIC!!" thread where she posted scans of comics that she had cut up to change the dialogue. Wally from Dilbert says, "I live in a big tin egg and can jam a smiling new guy." And in another comic, someone just yells, "TOOTH! TOOTH! TOOTH! TOOTH!" Two more quotes: "The doctor fainted! All bets are off!" "Your baby! It grew! Inside me! LOOK AT ME!"

(apologies for bump, I just found out)

Renaldo and the Loaf is exactly what I was referring to. that music helped me out a lot in a really bad time of my life, and if it weren't for Taco's "clips" animations I never would have discovered them.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Oh man I remember her :( this is so sad!

Remember, there's always another way. Suicide isn't the answer.

Edited to reflect her preferred pronouns because I didn't read the entire OP - sorry

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
TAOC was one of the greatest legends of the old forums. Once a college radio station tried to interview her about one of her projects, I can't remember which, but all they got in response to their questions was Casey Kasem's "this is loving ponderous, man" rant recited nearly verbatim. Legendary.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Came to pay condolences. Big Coke was a legendary standard of every server i put up for any source game.

Rest in peace girl.

Edit: Also leave it to a loving goon to post her obit thread with hosed up pronouns. JFC this place carries its legacy.

Talkc fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 7, 2020

Balzac
Sep 20, 2001
Was a huge fan of her work as a teenager and she definately shaped my humor in some ways. Always REALLY wondered what happened to her, so to find out today that not only did her art and internet presence continue but that she's gone now is really bittersweet.

I remember once back in 2002 or something she was taking song requests by phone. A friend and I called and asked for a song about having a seizure while waiting for the train and she whipped something up instantly. Good times.

Edit: Apologies for bumping a year+ old thread in GBS. Thought this was in the obit forum.

Balzac fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 15, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Balzac posted:

Edit: Apologies for bumping a year+ old thread in GBS. Thought this was in the obit forum.

There's an obit forum?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

why do people keep dying :(

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
RIP Taco :(

Does that earlier link include Taco’s comics? (Don’t feel like downloading a sketchy zip on my work computer) I’ve been looking for those for a while. I vaguely remember a front page post that was utterly insane.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

There's an obit forum?

I mean there's an obit thread but at this point maybe we should have a forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
RIP. she was genuinely hilarious.

For those of you wondering, she died in early 2020, so this isn't exactly breaking news, but it's never inappropriate to mourn a significant loss.