Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shantae and the Seven Sirens is out now gamers. It takes all the art and animation they made for Half Genie Hero with way nicer looking 2D backgrounds and Pirate's Curse tier gameplay with a big interconnected overworld littered with contained dungeons and secrets and treasure...it loving owns. Every new movement upgrade is rly exciting and it's shaping up to be my favorite in the series already, I'm prolly only halfway through too. Thank you WayForward. It's in 4K on the Xbox One X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Put shantae in smash please.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m excited but I only just started Half-Genie Hero. I don’t know why I took like a year and a half after beating Pirate’s Curse to play the next one since Pirate’s Curse is an all-time great. I’m really excited to hear that SS might be even better

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’m excited but I only just started Half-Genie Hero. I don’t know why I took like a year and a half after beating Pirate’s Curse to play the next one since Pirate’s Curse is an all-time great. I’m really excited to hear that SS might be even better

HGH is just ok...the levels are kinda meh and you have to play them 2 or 3 times front to back since they're just levels on a menu, if you got a new upgrade and wanted to go break that brick or whatever now you have to do the whole thing again. And the dance swapping breaks up the flow a lot, its so much nicer in Pirate's Curse/7Sirens that your new transforms are just single button press abilities. And you go so so much faster in this game and pIrate's curse than you ever did in HGH.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I liked the 2D/3D look from the last game and don't really like the flat HD2D look but it's definitely a much better game than the last one

solitonmedic
May 25, 2020

In Training posted:

mobile suit goatse
Apr 21, 2010
so. much. THIS!

mobile suit goatse
Apr 21, 2010
aha ha ! Yes! Put my favoreit video character in the children's computer game!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mobile suit goatse posted:

aha ha ! Yes! Put my favoreit video character in the children's computer game!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

does anyone have a better image host than imgur because that gif was meant to be bigger but it's impossible to do it on my phone

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thank you

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Looks like a fun game that I'd be very embarrassed to be seen playing, like the rest of the series.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

SpaceAceJase posted:

Looks like a fun game that I'd be very embarrassed to be seen playing, like the rest of the series.
Because you would be dying a lot because of being bad at it?

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Put shantae in child protective services and put the entire payroll of wayforward studios and OP in jail

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Milkman posted:

Put shantae in child protective services and put the entire payroll of wayforward studios and OP in jail
She's 35.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
i've kind of realized pirate's curse was the only shantae i really liked. not just for the gameplay but they characters almost got to gay levels of working out their feelings with each other and the story felt more special. rest of them are just kind of like french cartoons. i can square with everything being kind of cheesecake because the male characters are all either clowns, villains, or actually caring big brothers, and it feels more like the game world's not just for them, at least to me.

probably the kind of thing i want out of this is a game that no one's made, something more like. idk. a she-ra platformer.

if seven sirens has anything like pirate's curse's writing where rottytops finally starts getting sad about how she feels like she's a bad friend or captain final boss talking about why she's always starting poo poo and starting to regret some of her decisions i might get it at some point when i finish other stuff

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
what if undertale but sexy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

Bro you should see this dinosaur thats basically barney but has a mohawk

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

elf help book posted:

what if undertale butt sex

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

cheesecake.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this game was fun but too easy but so is every other shantae. the speedrun cheevo pictures aren't as good asa the last ones either. i give it a 5 out of 5

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Shantae doesn't even have actual ingame dances anymore, what the hell

Reckon the main problem is that Shantae is Wayforward's baby, and they get too indulgent with its design. The whole hair whipping thing and magic sub-weapons has always felt a little disjointed, which I get is like a lot of old-school platformers that the games originally emulated, but by now it's worn out its welcome. There's probably a reason why what everyone seems to agree is the best game in the series- Pirate's Curse- is the one that uses completely different upgrade systems and abilities, and viable basic attacks besides hair-whipping as quickly as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009