Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolene
Jan 1, 2019

quote:

Favorite color is weird. According the wiki, this does literally nothing besides an obscure interaction with into the future. However according a playthrough I read long ago (you can find it here, it's actually shockingly informative about the sims 3) recoloring decor to the EXACT hex code of the color, gives a "Well decorated" moodlet bonus. I'll test this more later.

:aaaaa:

I'm learning new things about this game 10+ years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolene
Jan 1, 2019
Social Networking is broken as hell. I do find it funny that it's raised by texting. Lord knows I'm mastering social networking by drunk texting memes at 2 am.

Also, are you going to build the rabbitholes yourself when you unlock a lot? I'm not sure how placing those lots work.

Jolene
Jan 1, 2019
I like that the lack of a school makes it so any children/teens get a random trait. Very in the spirit of the challenge, I say!

And I'm not surprised about that "DO NOT TRANSLATE" bit. I'm playing again since 2013-ish, and even with all the mod fixes and Overwatch/ErrorTrap, the game is barely holding together in a pretty standard town.

Sims 3 has a bunch of content and customization, but it's way too ambitious and poorly programmed to be stable in the long term.

Jolene
Jan 1, 2019
I'm totally fine with shorter updates! I actually prefer them. (I must've missed your previous post. My bad.) I actually didn't know about the mourning/graveyard moodlet reduction myself. That's pretty cool!