Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

A couple months ago I reread lord of the flies thinking that same logic and came to realize that i absolutely did not read lord of the flies in highschool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I used it to ask for recs of my own in the chat thread by Life and Death are Wearing Me Out by Mo Yan is just about my favourite book. It’s a really funny multigenerational story about landowner killed and resurrected as different animals on his land through the back half of the 20th century in rural China. Having no schooling in history and ignoring whatever someone had tried to teach me, I’m pretty floored by any historical fiction that leaves me knowing more about a country as opposed to one where it’s all references to people and places I dunno.

The book opens on the landowner being battered and deep fried in hell which is v good

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I use two hands and just set the beer against my side

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I’ve only tried the top one

nut
Jul 30, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You don't read the cover and back?

never, i have believed that i've been reading one long book that started with a very hungry caterpillar but hes seen some poo poo since