Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

i restarted kenshi

What happened? Just packing up and going somewhere else is basically the same thing except you have more resources at hand unless poo poo really hits the fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

overeager overeater posted:

on the other hand, the last 30 years of computer security have been spent getting people to not give full control over the system to this one weird game they downloaded online

Fortunately for Riot the last 30 years of computer security failed at that really badly

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VelociBacon posted:

Does this game hold up? I installed it and made a character and quickly lost interest.

It's fun as hell. I'm 50 hours in on my first playthrough now and having a great time. I'm finally starting to feel confident in taking out bigger tier threats.

I have been steadily adding mods to reduce some of the tedium involved with training larger squads and maintaining an outpost + generally making some stuff faster though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

what mods you got? i threw on a couple, i got the ones that fix martial arts and make it so every npc isnt also a karate master, katana rebalance, more recruits and repogrammable skeletons etc

I have the same recruit mod + recruit prisoners (which seems pretty cool since it has unique recruit dialogue for various NPCs around the world even if it can get a bit cheaty if you abuse it too much), I also increased the recruit limit since I was getting close to the 30 with my settlement getting bigger and bigger.

Modding all the various production stations to have 10x the output slots helped a lot with making my settlement automation work properly without constant micromanagement. Now I can actually go exploring with my main combat squad and be confident that the settlement actually functions in the background.

The cheatiest mod I got is probably the advanced training dummies which lets you tech training dummies for pretty much every stat and goes to a pretty high level. Manually training new recruits when you start getting a sizable squad just became too annoying otherwise.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The combat in Xenoblade 2 is way too active for a speed up to work well.

It works in FF12 because 99% of the time you aren't doing anything anyway

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

i thought about the recruit prisoners one but i felt like id probably abuse it yeah. recruit limit is probably a good idea huh, and the production one. ill have to see how i go when i get to making an outpost again. i saw the dummies as well but decided to wait and see on it to see if i feel ill want it or not late game.

i journeyed over to black desert city and found the scraphouse with its wild weapons. i didnt feel like i could justify buying any of that right now with how expensive they are and how relatively low skill my skeletons are still but i did find something else to dump all my cats on

Yeah I recommend waiting on the dummies. It's great when you have more units to get up to snuff but it's way too powerful at the beginning.

The Black city is definitely the best place to buy weapons I have found in the game (very expensive though). I found two Meitou grade weapons by taking down a some skeleton bandit faction in the zone with the big murderbeams from the sky.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

stux this Kenshi game you're posting about seems extremely cool and now I want to play it

Do it, it's great

just be prepared for a lot of jank

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Go hang around in the Gut

very nice and friendly zone

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

the last two asoiaf books were bad anyway

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

well now i wont

i checked back in with the slaver town i raided and killed the leader of

the whole town is destroyed lol

The Gut is full of beak things

i'm absolutely never going there again (one my dudes lost a leg there)

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 4, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bloodborne is pretty stable 30fps, the frame pacing just sucks

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

it's true

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SeXReX posted:

you get this in AAA too do we need to talk about all the weird blue alien loving in mass effect?

loving different colored aliens is a long standing sci-fi tradition

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's pretty good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Discovery is the better Star Trek series.
Picard is good for the nostalgia hit, but it's not amazing.

Discovery is bad, Picard is godawful

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ymgve posted:

I count seven babesq

Six babes and their big cat

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

after 500 years, Vanillaware's newest game might finally be coming overseas

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1270427914480254978?s=20

Is it any good?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

haveblue posted:

A lot of the poo poo Outer Worlds gets is because it was released very close to Disco Elysium, which everyone here went absolutely gaga for

It gets poo poo because it was bad

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

thread getting antsy today

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

I'll kill you

see you at the next respawn

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Actual Wizard Mark Cerny says the PS5 has a full holodeck generator that puts you inside the game.

eh, pass

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

That doesn't make sense, people who would be that excited for Bloodborne presumably already have a PS4 and a copy of Bloodborne. Why would they throw down another 460 dollars to be able to play Bloodborne?

It runs like garbage

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That looked neat

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

lorne lanning became a Q guy

somehow that fits oddworld

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gameplay looked very Dishonored, I'm in

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Horizon was ok, sure I'll try a sequel

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nothing got revealed that would make me buy one anywhere close to launch

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

There's no way that was gonna be mentioned.

If it's coming to PC it's also coming to PS5 and that probably would have been mentioned

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

They said this was a ps5 event. They didn't even give a price for the console, no way where they gonna start talking cross gen and other platforms.

My point was that if they were working on a Bloodborne PS5 port they would probably have mentioned it. They did not so it's probably not going to be a thing in the near future.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

We've unofficially known about the ds remaster for a year.

And Bloodborne is still present generation unlike demon souls, so a 'remaster'would be a cynical cash grab when they just talked up ps5s BC.

Bloodborne runs like poo poo though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Do you not know how back compatibility is handled? Even the ps2 gave improvements to ps1 games, and xbone bc turned games into a modern marvels. The bc would be more than enough and cost them less.

lmao if you think bloodobrne is going to have non-poo poo frame pacing with the PS5 bc

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

That's the FROM guarantee, isn't that why you all buy them?

All of the remasters run well

All of them also run well on my PC. Even the original lovely port of DS1 is way better than PS4 bloodborne.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

So yeah, now imagine a console as/more powerful than your pc running it.

again, lol if you think PS5 bc will do anything to improve bloodborne

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

I don't even get what you're trying to say when the only proof we have of bc performance is xbonex, which is substantial, and then saying a console that's gonna be even more powerful on all fronts isn't gonna do anything.

PS4 pro just makes bloodborne worse

You are not going to fix the frame pacing by throwing power at it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'd rather have a bloodborne that had ok performance than an excellent full port of Demons

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

Its a multiplayer-primary shooter with a limited singleplayer

boo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

agreed i hope they put the horrible brown and green filter back on for no reason

unironically

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

demon souls looks like garbage

the garbage has a charm to it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

The original vanguard is a lot cuter just IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

yeah the vibe is it doesnt look comically bad, the original vanguard is really really bad, it looks bad and always has

Vanguard is cool as hell