Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Guerilla really needs to get new dialog writers that know how to write likeable dialog.

Looks nice though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

redreader posted:

I suppose I should finish horizon 1, shouldn't I?

Isn't it coming out on PC this year? Yeah, I'd really like to play it.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
So is this almost done? I assume there'll be one last big reveal or something?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
A convulsing, flexing sea of balls.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the playstation Wii

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The 7th Guest posted:

the playstation Wii

Glad im not the only one who thought it looks like a Wii

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
am I supposed to be aroused or something? what the hell's with this music and these panning shots

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

am I supposed to be aroused or something? what the hell's with this music and these panning shots

Okay I'm glad somebody else thought that's what they were going for.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I guess I can understand it looking like a V but wow those wings look crappy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol no PSVR in the final hardware lineup, it's dead

no Elden Ring either, that's vaporware imo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

GENTLEMEN, BEHOLD!

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
Very solid showing all around. I want to know more about what the hell Bugsnax is.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

lol no PSVR in the final hardware lineup, it's dead

no Elden Ring either, that's vaporware imo

Why would it be vapoware? FROM did not stop developing games.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Panic Restaurant posted:

Very solid showing all around. I want to know more about what the hell Bugsnax is.

The very flavor of fear.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Andrast posted:

Why would it be vapoware? FROM did not stop developing games.
if george rr martin has to come up with ideas for it then it'll never be finished

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

if george rr martin has to come up with ideas for it then it'll never be finished

grrm is just going to throw up some vague plot stuff and real writers will make the game around that just like with any celeb writer involvement

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

here is The Escapist's Indie game showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuJ-7fdoLjM

REMEMBER YAHTZEE guys???

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ycs superstar yahtzee

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Wait what, it's not singleplayer? Oh gently caress off, goddammit.

It's Dark Souls style invasions and you can turn it off if you don't want to deal with it
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/11/deathloop-makes-its-console-debut-on-ps5-this-holiday/

quote:

But the island’s inhabitants aren’t the only obstacles in your path. Deathloop is Arkane Lyon’s innovative take on an immersive multiplayer experience; a story-driven first-person shooter where your main antagonist might be another player. You’ll experience Deathloop’s main story as Colt, hunting down targets across the island as you try to break the loop. Meanwhile, another player might temporarily enter your story in the role of Julianna, a rival assassin with her own singular goal: Protect the loop by eliminating Colt. Of course, if you’re feeling particularly villainous, you can slip into the shoes of Julianna yourself, jumping into someone else’s Blackreef for a tense game of cat-and-mouse. (The multiplayer invasion element is completely optional, so you toggle it on or off as desired.)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh thank God, yeah I'll turn that poo poo off immediately and just enjoy the game.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The 7th Guest posted:

REMEMBER YAHTZEE guys???

Yes but I'd rather not.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Oh thank God, yeah I'll turn that poo poo off immediately and just enjoy the game.
Yeah that's perfectly reasonable. Alright I'm fully on board now.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rewatching these in 4K and Horizon and Kena look amazing

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

bold of them to bring back cell processing

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

bold of them to bring back cell processing

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I actually said "what the gently caress is this?" out loud when the console design was revealed.

It looks like a Wipeout track.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Today is EA Play 2020... it's in 3 hours... it's EA though so like..... it's not like you're gonna see much in the way of excitement here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Ow-M-1K_c

with covid you're not even going to get snoop dogg

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1274119971199582211?s=20

Uhhhh, okay?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how about that devolverland?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there is also an Ubisoft conference on the 12th, which is going to be a shitshow probably because of the scandals going on at the company, but they'll show off far cry 6 and hope everyone forgets about the sexpests they just fired

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Acerbatus posted:

how about that devolverland?

Did anyone get all the collectibles, I actually am curious what the "Unannounced Games" were (but not enough to hunt for collectibles in a promotional Chex Quest clone)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

I legit really enjoy these liveposting threads, and am sad e3 is cancelled

:rip:

It wasn't the same this year

On Discord I watched the PS5 reveal with a bunch of friends and it was more fun than I expected. But I haven't really paid attention to anything else, if a trailer pops up it makes it to other channels anyway

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did anyone get all the collectibles, I actually am curious what the "Unannounced Games" were (but not enough to hunt for collectibles in a promotional Chex Quest clone)

I got 2/3 of them (IE 8/12)

it's just single teaser screenshots that don't say much :shrug:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Ubi is today. I hope they have a disastrously out of sync Just Dance Zoom meeting.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Getting all the collectables for an unannounced game changes one of the images in the faux-website ending to a piece of concept art. Here's a screenshot someone on Reddit took of the ending with all three unannounced game artworks.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It wasn't the same this year

On Discord I watched the PS5 reveal with a bunch of friends and it was more fun than I expected. But I haven't really paid attention to anything else, if a trailer pops up it makes it to other channels anyway

There really hasn’t been much and it’s making me wonder if E3 would’ve sucked this year anyways if it had actually gone through. It feels like pretty much all the big conferences were delayed or split up into multiple smaller events so they can show off more garbage around their big announcements.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

alright, here's the last super major event of the summer, the xbox series x game showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_HnB7wz0UE

it's gonna be purely about games and not about hardware, although xbox removed yearly gold subscriptions so they may be merging gold with gamepass (and xcloud) into an all-in-one subscription... that could get discussed today

halo infinite is obviously being shown. and i would guess several indies, and third party games you've seen in other events this summer. xbox isn't really the console of exclusives. honestly you could just treat this as a pc gaming show because it'll all be there too

starts in 30min

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Suing for name infringement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The 7th Guest posted:

alright, here's the last super major event of the summer, the xbox series x game showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_HnB7wz0UE

it's gonna be purely about games and not about hardware, although xbox removed yearly gold subscriptions so they may be merging gold with gamepass (and xcloud) into an all-in-one subscription... that could get discussed today

halo infinite is obviously being shown. and i would guess several indies, and third party games you've seen in other events this summer. xbox isn't really the console of exclusives. honestly you could just treat this as a pc gaming show because it'll all be there too

starts in 30min

Probably a good 50% of games shown are timed exclusives and will be on ps4 too.

But I'll be watching since I've got a Xbox one x with gamepass so I'm looking forward to stuff I can play got free.