Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Camrath posted:

Goon Special

This month's Goon Special will be White Chocolate and Raspberry (feel free to suggest a suitable name for this!);

Blood flecked spunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Mebh posted:

Well goons, I bought my freehold. I am now £10,000 poorer and feel like I am going to vomit out of every orifice.

I'm now going to get hilariously drunk. I apologise for any drunk poo poo posting later.

Just think of how much you are going to save in ground rent!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Lol the Tory councillors and MPs in Bury have written a letter to Andy Burnham complaining that he locked them down, even though it was their own government that ordered the lockdown. loving Tory cuntery knows no bounds.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I used to live on Ascension Island which is one of those tiny mid Atlantic Islands. Its pretty cool, lots of turtles and interesting sea birds and a few good walks on the volcano. I can see it being a good place to visit but it gets quite dull to actually live on.

Everyone who's been to St Helena says it's lovely, plus they have really amazing coffee.

Reports of the Falklands were always universally lovely, and I think anyone who goes there comes back with the view that we should have just let the Argentines have them.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Jippa posted:

I just watched a documentary the other night on the crazy sharks there.

I think the big groups of galapagos sharks only turned up after I left. I did see a thresher shark catch a tuna while I was snorkeling once, which was cool and a bit terrifying.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

CancerCakes posted:

Re Manchester lockdown - everyone seems to just be ignoring it now.

Yeah I don't feel that anything has changed since the local lockdown started other than that I can't go and visit my family.

My neighbour 2 doors down was having a bbq with a bunch of her mates last night. Luckily the thunder storm finally happened right on top of them.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Why not throw some loving olives in there too, satan's kidney stones.

I never understand people who dislike olives.

Weirdly my girlfriend prefers green olives to black ones, which I feel is a bit liking rum and raisin ice cream but not vanilla.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

What about tomato flavoured fudge? Camrath, you listening?

I had tomato ice cream once and it was pretty good, I think similar principals apply to ice cream and fudge.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

oh but seriously I posted:

what moral universe has it that a vertical slice is more just than a horizontal? i am angered. angered by food opinions

vertical slice is more symmetrical and ensures both slices have the same amount of crust

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Borrovan posted:

...by which metric it should be LG?

Hard agree

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

For real though it's amazing the Tories just don't give a poo poo about how this is making all the structural inequalities clear to absolutely everyone. Their whole excuse has been "well we underfund state schools so your kids were statistically hosed anyway"

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Jose posted:

lol i can't believe the person running this account is a child

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1294703305176887296?s=20

I knew he was still at school but it is insane that he actually needs to worry about his exams. I would have thought some Oxbridge college would have just given him a free pass.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I've met quite a lot of of famos.

Once had a chat with Chris Eubanks who was trying to find a shoe shop. He was in his full tweeds but was really nice.

I met Jack Straw twice. The second time he was lost in the city centre and needed directions to the town hall, after I told him where he needed to go I mentioned that I'd meet him before and he responded by telling me to gently caress off.

I also met Gordon Brown when he was PM. He told a really tedious joke and later I learned that he apparently told that one joke constantly.

Sam Neil is very nice. I got drunk with him in a wine shop when he was trying to flog his wine.

I used to know Stuart Maconie through friends and he bought me a curry when I was unemployed and broke. Nice guy though I think we all lost touch with him

Also "met" Guy Garvey a couple of times, though each time he was passed out on the floor next to us.

Used to see Bonnie Tyler about a fair amount when I lived in Swansea. Once stood behind her at the chippie (she ordered two rissoles).

Sat next to Philip Glenister at a sushi conveyor place and had a fun chat about how unappealing Octopus balls sounded.

I'm sure I can think of some more.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

F1 chat reminded me that I met Frank Williams not that long before he died. He had a story about how if Bernie Ecclestone was ever having trouble in a meeting he'd knock over a glass of water or something to throw people off track for a bit so he could redirect the conversation once everything had been tidied up. I think about it every time I'm in a meeting with a client.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Frank Williams is alive?

Oh well poo poo, I honestly believed he had died.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Oh dear me posted:

I had no idea that was a thing, and I went to Oxford (a long time ago)

Some unis will not let you take jobs while you're studying and I'm fairly certain Oxford is one of them, but I definitely knew people who were doing uni courses and also working at pubs or in call centres.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Is that one of those fatbergs they are always talking about?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

My partner's got a slightly raised temperature so I'm about to drive her to a testing center, so now I'm convinced she's fine and I'm about to get infected by some idiot from serco.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

crossposting from the IOSM thread because lmao

I saw this last night on twitter and it's amazing. Basically the main source of Scots language content on the internet was entirely made up by an american brony. The last part is important because apparently a disconcertingly large proportion of Scots wiki pages are about My Little Pony.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

midori-a-gogo posted:

doing a bit of freelance work for the BBC at the moment and right now there's a massive QAnon spam attack on all BBC social media - they're extremely pissed off that the BBC didn't report on their "stop child trafficking and end lockdown restrictions" protests over the weekend, which, like, I guess nobody ever told them that you need to keep your message clear and simple

anyway this is the best photo from their protests

I'm fairly certain that that is a picture of piccadily gardens in manchester but I also recognise that the combo of a Nandos, a Zizzi, and a Travelodge with a load of miserable people could easily mean this is any town centre in the UK

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Lobster God posted:

I know the answer's racism, but what in the actual gently caress

https://twitter.com/dontkillmyvybz/status/1298388924029644800?s=19

Trying to get the police to provide ANPR data for a legitimate reason is like pulling teeth but I guess I need to tell them that I need the information to do a racism and then they'd sort it in seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

In coronavirus news cases in Bolton, where restrictions are being lifted, have now doubled. It now has the second highest rate in Greater Manchester.

The lifting of restrictions is clearly linked to the progress of the disease and unrelated to it having a Tory council.