Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Also: while the pyramids were never pulled down, they used to be covered in white stone, but that stone was removed over the centuries to make other buildings. Not to mention that none of the other original "seven wonders" are standing at all now. History is brutally destroyed all the time. And we have plenty of pictures of this Colston statue, and information about him and his work, whereas some historians wonder if the hanging gardens of Babylon even existed outside of stories. Indeed, I should say that the statue being pulled down and thrown in the water is just a continuation of the history of it, and generations of people will be able to see the Twitter videos of the destruction and learn why it happened. History is not destroyed - nothing is lost on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

They probably have fights with their friends all the time.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

R.I.P street cat Bob :(

His human is raising funds to permanently honour Bob's legacy, possibly with a statue.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I hope this forum stays up. Even though I don't post much, I do like to read everyone's opinions, and I've learned a lot. But if it doesn't, I'd like to see another similar forum to talk. What's the Bread and Roses site like? I can't read the threads unless I register.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I don't know enough about Twitter to be sure, but people are saying that the last time, his profile was still there for anyone to see, he just couldn't post (until he removed the "groomer" tweets that got him in trouble) - but now his profile is blank, like Katie Hopkins'.

I don't know exactly what the final straw was, but I did see some people complaining earlier today about him changing his bio to read "Two-Spirit". People didn't like to see this white person mocking a specifically Native American thing. But I quite sincerely cannot say if it was complaints about that that did for his account, considering how Twitter drags its feet with everything else.

Anyway, lol.

Edit: I'm talking about Linehan, not Pissflaps - although I would say "lol" if Pissflaps got banned from Twitter too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

There's a Pink News story about the confrontation here

quote:

According to clips on social media, those present include include the activist Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull, known online as Posie Parker – who has previously appeared alongside white nationalist YouTubers.

The videos of the exchange at Speaker’s Corner appear to show Keen-Minshull telling the female Black Lives Matter protesters that they are “misogynists” who “can’t even understand what a woman is”, while her supporters resort to the racist trope of claiming that the Black women are being “aggressive” towards them.

quote:

As one of the Black Lives Matter protesters patiently attempts to speak to the activists about oppression, she is repeatedly interrupted and told to “shut up” and, bizarrely, to “go wash your dick”.

quote:

One (MumsNet) user insisted that Black Lives Matter “is founded on anti-democratic principles [and] its support of ‘genderism’ is the least of what is wrong with it.”