Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

There was that hiccup in egyptian history where the pharaoh akhenaten decided that the sun god was the only god and tried to remove all references to the other ones from the country, which understandably the priesthood and public weren't super happy about, so after he died they demolished all his statues and had his name chiselled off the record, and suggested to his successor that it might be a good for his health if he reinstated the pantheon.

Whether or not they thought the process was magical or just practical I don't know.

Imagining a very Pratchett scene with the Egyptian pantheon looming menacingly over the new pharoah going "look here, sunshine"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
My Irish history teacher in secondary school had some pretty strong opinions on Cromwell and the ban on Christmas was the least of them let me tell you.

So lol that this thread has someone defending him.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I am staying the gently caress indoors until the middle of September and nothing will convince me otherwise. I will simulate the festival experience by sitting in a tent in my garden drinking koppaberg and doing whatever drugs i can score.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

Don't worry the virus cannot go around corners

The virus has a dreadful turning circle.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I've got two chippies close to me, one is apparently shut and the other is a George's that only does click and collect online or through phone now. I've been able to get my fix but I'm pretty loving lucky.

Cheesy chips is amazing, I remember the friday before I started my job I was drunk and freaking out and someone shoved some in my hand and ten minutes later I was alright.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Carling is poo poo, it should be a crime to have that swill be the fuckin face of football

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

They haven't invented an adjective for the type of scream I emitted when I read that

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I clearly need to post more to get in on this Markov chain fun.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Gonna get my hair cut today, it's been months and I'm interested to see how much caution my local barber's has put into the whole thing. I had to book through an app which is the most 2020 thing ever.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I got mine cut on Tuesday. It's usually walk-in, but I had to make an appointment for later that day and any further appoints are done via app. If both barbers are on, I think only the next appointment is allowed to wait, everyone else has to wait outside. Faceshield for the barber, I took a mask

Yeah, I'm gonna take a mask I think. Not sure on the guidelines since *waves hands in general direction of government*, but better safe than sorry.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Trip report - hand sanitizer when you come in, distancing between stations, staff wearing masks and gloves. No screens in between the stations but it's a tiny place so I dunno if that'd even help. Went pretty speedily all things considered

Also wore a mask and that was an interesting time. All these wingbats saying they couldn't breathe in them are idiots.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm imagining the version of China that exists in this book as an eastern-flavoured psychotropic Mad Max, and I'm sure it isn't as cool as what I just typed.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

i think you need to settle down a bit and realise that london being a depository for the profits of organized crime doesn't reflect badly on you personally. i have been clear that the average londoner is not at fault. it simply is what it is, and there is about 40 years of political and criminal history to confirm that what i am saying is accurate. so while i appreciate you are personally offended by people critiquing the economic underpinnings of london in 2020, perhaps you could redirect your incandescent fury elsewhere, my friend, because i genuinely do not care if the facts - i say, Facts - which i deliver upset you, tbqh.

gently caress off oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Honestly after all my efforts I'm surprised calling a bad poster a naughty word was what got me my first probation.

peanut- posted:

I hadn't thought about Jo Swinson in months and now you've reminded me the only thing I can remember about her is squirrel murders.

It was the best part of that election tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

gh0stpinballa posted:

was willing to just accept you have all failed to do the required investigations and reading but I've seen variants of this a couple of times today, and i have to say, i like how it can't be as simple as you all like a certain city and i hurt your feelings when i criticised it. no, that would make you defensive and tribalistic oafs, so it has to be contorted into some grander thing about how i was doing racism to londoners, the most oppressed people in the history of the world, and the factual and accurate posts are actually white noise/trolling because you live in london and therefore there cannot be anything deeply wrong with it.

we were even treated to gems like "if it didn't happen there, it would happen somewhere else so what can you do" and "describing what floats londons economy in plain terms is doing violence to maureen the pensioner and anyone else who lives there" and so on. remarkable work from people who think nothing of saying entire countries like china or iran are "brutal", "corrupt", "dictatorships", "genocidal shitholes" etc etc. grow up, frankly. grow the hell up.

I don't even live in London lol, your gimmick of pretending to be reasonable and logical in the face of all these deranged UKMT posters is pretty pathetic.