Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Regarding lockdown being over, I notice we are now (from the 4th) allowed to meet in groups of up to 30 for major life events, the example they give is weddings.

Do birthdays that divide nicely by decades count as 'major life events'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Well you two aren't getting invites.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

city centres should be gauntlet style beer garden trap zones with various unattainable reward bags i dont really see any other way

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

shame you logged off

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

They both seem a bit creepy.

teenagers are meant to hate their parents, shes just got it easy. lets move on.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I didn't know Priti Patel was muslim.

Then again I guess I don't really believe tories can be religious.

Shes a hindu.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

stev posted:

We had three potential landlords in a row decide they wouldn't allow us to have guinea pigs in the property at the last minute. loving guinea pigs.

I would be more angry with the landlords, not sure what the guinea pigs did wrong.

Wasn't Corbyn going to make it none of the landlord's business if tenants had pets?

OwlFancier posted:

I've always thought animals were a boomer thing personally.

yeah but youre weird

edit: also why do you love owls so much then? doesnt add up

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

My parents tenants have three dogs and dont pay any extra because when they lived there they always had dogs so didn't see the difference. But I think the tenants were really pleased to find anywhere at all that would have them so it is poo poo.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I really would love to get into woodwork but it's kinda hard when I have nowhere to put anything and also wood is expensive.

Makerspaces?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Just jokingly threaten to kill someone on there, that'll sort your problem.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Its important to know what the landlord was eating.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Its almost double that already. Although it is only 2.8k people not millions and is she calling him her leader? Bit odd.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jose posted:

john ware has sued for libel after 3 of his other documentaries and lost every time lol

Really? He caught himself in a pretty daft lie then cos hes said:

John ware posted:

There’s an unwritten code that says we journalists should never sue because however offensive or defamatory criticism of our journalism may be, we hold free speech sacrosanct.

It was a rule with which for decades I agreed. I no longer do.

That is why my proceedings against Labour are only the first of several I have begun against alternative media outlets and individuals.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I don't really get how just because Kier has given loads of money to some people that means all other people that want money will now deserve it? Such that labour is bankrupt? Like why doesn't every labour member bring a small claims court claim against the Tories all at once?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Prince John posted:

I think the answer to that is that the Tory party didn't leak a dossier containing the personal information and potentially libelous statements of every Labour member, hence there is no real threat.

Our libel laws are notoriously poo poo and the burden of proof lies with the defendant rather than the plaintiff, so Labour will have to positively prove that all of the things in that document actually happened. Even if every word of it is 100% true, there's still every chance that some of it cannot be proved to be true in a court, hence the financial exposure. Even if they were confident of proving everything and winning the cases, fighting 40 libel cases could easily burn through millions, and there's no guarantee you get awarded costs at the end (I believe - IANAL).

Edit: Also, the current leadership has a vested interest in *not* proving the allegations to be true, because it undermines the whole antisemitism case against the Corbynites, which no doubt reduces their chance of winning even further.

So starmer did the right thing by settling? But now labours hosed anyway? Sorry, like you I'm not a lawyer, but I'm even further behind...

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Isn't that how revisionism works though?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I wonder what horrors his bookcase contains that they had to mask it off

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i didnt know picasso was a jimmy saville now?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

TheRat posted:

https://twitter.com/stephane_ulrich/status/1286589545908183040

What fresh bullshit is this? Since when is calling someone a judas anti-semitic?

He's deleted it and apologised.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

^^^ You've had a busy day, every shop?

justcola posted:

I'm fine leaving him be, I might not actually see him for a few days at a time. Him staying in his room and playing games for 16 hours straight I can sort of understand - it's just the messiness and the noise really. I love this house and had been living here for a year before he moved in so don't want to move out. I don't know. I've tried talking to him multiple times, leaving stuff be to see what happens naturally, tried to change my own perceptions or understanding. Only thing I haven't done is just act as obnoxiously as he does, but I don't really want to do that either as its rude.

Sheesh!

At least the countryside round here is nice. If I lived in a city I'd have probably cracked by now.

Is it just the two of you in the house and you have separate contracts and the agent/landlord just moved him in to a free room that a previous tenant vacated?

I'm kind of assuming that's the setup, in which case it might be a bit rubbish for you that you didn't get the ideal flatmate for you but not really much you can or should do?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

TheRat posted:

https://twitter.com/dansabbagh/status/1286685420022046722

2y8m seems like a lot, must have been a pretty god drat serious assault

He pleaded guilty to the assault but said he did it because he spilt his drink or whatever. Actually he had a poo poo load of white power anti LGBT poo poo in his house, prior violence convictions, identified Jones prior to the assault and jumped him. It was a hate crime.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Any recommendations on car insurance providers? I'm with quotemehappy and they're okay, wouldn't mind it a bit cheaper. Am in South Wales if that helps.

Also my Internet with plusnet went down 6hrs ago and their customer support team went home 20 minutes before it happened, as its the Rhondda during lockdown there is nothing else to do. RIP.

My Fudge did arrive though so time to munch!

I literally have no idea. I hope this helps.

Just change every year and do it a month before its due. Have a poo poo car.

I've been on swiftcover for longer than I should have been cos theyre taking the piss now but I quite like their online account (that maybe others do now) where I can alter the policy myself without having to ring up and faff about and take an admin fee hit. Like for instance, you seem only really to be able to have 4 people on a policy and I have some cars that I find it useful to swap around the drivers between parents and siblings partners and kids and stuff depending on whats happening. But maybe thats a very unusual requirement. Also I like that it gives me thrid party coverage on other's vehicles.

apparently telling them youre a hotelier is the cheapest job to have. But dont lie.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 25, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

lol okay John Mann.

(Israel shouldn't exist because no states should exist)

This is daft, how would the world cup even work?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Hmmm. OK it seems fine then.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Or he should have put up another tweet saying I withdraw my earlier thanks for your support as I don't need supporters with these kind of views. Or just not have a twitter at all.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

There was some youngish lad walked into budgens without a mask. His mate was in there already with a mask on but it pulled it down to chat to him.

There was an obnoxious lady in tesco without one whom I'm sure had raised her volume levels in an attempt to draw attention to her lack of mask in the hopes she could get in an argument about it. Her boyfriend was silently following her around wearing his mask.

These were aberrations, everyone else seemed to have them on.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

my local farm shop

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

for a hoot, imagine what starmers response to the next terror attack will be

Hoot is an odd choice of word!!? What do you imagine it would be?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

if youre suing the labour party right now its presumably because you consider your personal reputation to have been damaged?

But, ignoring journalists(who are meant to be independent and surely shouldnt care about political attacks on themselves) they are ex labour people

who are angered theyve been accused of damaging the labour party

so theyre going to sue it into oblivion?

kind of destroying their entire defence in the first place?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

sebzilla posted:

Definitely. His whole plan is to just wait for the combined economic catastrofuck of Brexit and Covid-19 to break the Tory vote, then win by default. Announcing any policy or doing more than the bare minimum of opposition would get in the way of that.

The most depressing thing is it might actually work. But there's nothing about it that speaks to his personal ability as a politician. Labour polls go up purely as a function of Tory polls going down. It loving sucks.

Posts like these are a little bit... suffering from a loss of perspective? The most depressing thing for me about an equally evil and inept tory government's handling of brexit and covid isn't that it improves some polling numbers for a boring recycled labour leader I don't like.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

I just hope that the makers of Clonzepam go full Roseanne and make a post saying “Making Anti-Semitic comments and Death Threats is not a known side effect of our medicines.”

nhs says:

you see or hear things that are not there (hallucinations) or think things that aren't true (delusions)

I could do with some.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

They can get their bloody own, these are mine.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I wouldn't fancy the airports or a plane at the moment. There's someone in this thread currently in France having driven there I think?

My brother just did the same. Tunnel over, ferry back from st malo. He sent pictures of the ferry and it was deserted, didn't feel like it was any more risky than a trip to Tesco's really. He benefited from staying with family and friends. I dunno what you really do when you get to wherever you're going on holiday though, like do you go to the pub or museums or whatever?

From what I understand places at home are getting booked up and expensive as people decide to avoid going abroad but i guess there might be cheap last minute deals to Spain now... Technically you can drive there if you can afford to isolate after.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

PM also gets two houses, a chaffeur driven limo, a plane and no opportunity to spend any of their money, which'll add up if youre PM for a decade. Apparently they also get 150k a year for the rest of their lives. The salary is small potatoes compared to the rest of the benefits and thats just the official ones.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Thats where I got he 150k from. https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...zd064KJsCyHvKO7

the internet posted:

A ‘Public Duties Cost Allowance’ exists “to assist former Prime Ministers with the costs of continuing to fulfil duties associated with their previous position in public life.”

The allowance, worth £148,500, is technically available for a lifetime.

Cabinet Office minister Ben Gummer admitted last year that former Tory PM Sir John Major was still banking the benefit 20 years after leaving office.

Oh and Trump has delayed the election!

edit> well... hes tweeted that he wants to so... its breaking news on the bbc

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 30, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

We argued about this a bunch in many different threads. They're will be no bullshit charlatan vaccine, that can't happen.

So wtf is this?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

blunt posted:

Some people put out a white paper about a theoretical vaccine not endorsed by any major organisation or institution. If you're trying to suggest that that's the same as the vaccines that are in clinical trials atm then you're doing it in bad faith.

There's a woman who says that you get Covid-19 from having sex with demons too, but we don't take her seriously either.

I'm not doing anything. I was asking what it was. If the answer is nothing at all then fine.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

They just locked down some of the north. jon snow where are you

thats a game of thrones thing.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

And has just been pointed out via the magic of trending topics, this mini-lockdown has come right before Eid too and as others have said, imagine announcing a lockdown on the 23rd December

everythings shut over christmas anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

yes, but people gather at Christmas. Now imagine being told you can't

have you met my family?

I feel like you might say the same thing.

but yeah. Im being daft.