Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, I'm trying to decide how important it is for me to have the last few Conan books I don't own. Do I grab them at full price before the year ends, or do I look for them on the secondary market in the coming years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So I caved in on the last day of the sale and bought pretty much the entire Conan line. I have a group that's never played, and apart from the quick start demo mission I've never GMed it. I'm not going to be insane and learn/teach everything all at once, so what are the key "this really makes the game sing" books I should add to the core rules?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Drone posted:

Were you using the right website for your region? They have separate domains for US and EU.

lol, I wondered why the poo poo I bought during the January sale was so expensive to ship. I didn't sweat it too much, because I made up for it with discounts on 15 books, but still.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Cohorts Cthulhu Kickstarter is live.. They have a link to download quickstart rules, which is nice.

I hadn't realized until now that Doug Seacat was the writer on this. His world building was the best part of Privateer Press back when he worked for them, so I'm double excited for this now.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

You can also just play the 2D20 game forever?

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

the game line for 2d20 is done and gone.

Done, yes. Gone, no. I mean yeah, you'll have to go used routes and/or PDF hunting, but assuming you get your hands on the existing books, you could play 2D20 Conan for the rest of your life with the amount of material there is.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Has anybody gotten to play around with the Cohors Cthulhu quickstart rules yet? Is there a summary of what is unique to it vs other 2D20 games?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Has anybody gotten to play around with the Cohors Cthulhu quickstart rules yet? Is there a summary of what is unique to it vs other 2D20 games?

May be bad form to bump a thread by quoting myself, but there's 24 hours to go and I was hoping somebody had an answer.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I'm fascinated to discover how you make structured rules around that universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBL503OhY5M

Topical