Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

CitizenKeen posted:

Dune seems to be trucking. It's not a Dishonored/Fallout situation where they seem to be one-and-done. Dune got Sand and Dust, the "Dune is all about Arrakis, if we're being honest" sourcebook, a recent campaign book Masters of Dune (a campaign book picking up after the Agents of Dune starter adventure), and the forthcoming Houses of the Landsraad (a "Dune is more than Arrakis" sourcebook for those who aren't following, which is pretty exciting).

As a Dune turbo-nerd for much of my life, I'm pretty happy with the 2d20 implementation so far. With The Great Game: Houses of the Landsraad coming out, that will add much more depth to the political aspect of the game, which will really amp up the Dune-ness of the game.

As hype as I am for the content of The Great Game, I'm a bit shocked by the pricing -- £38 (plus £8.48 shipping) for a 128-page book is frankly ridiculous. This £38 price point is massively more than similar-sized hardcover sourcebooks in the other 2d20 lines. As a point of comparison, I recently paid £33 for the Zweihander core book, which is 692 pages and noticeably higher-quality than the Modiphius hardcovers. Does anyone know what's going on with this price hike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

mellonbread posted:

Did you check that you are on the correct webstore for your region? I was on the EU site trying to get the new Dune book in America and it quoted me a totally out of control shipping cost until I switched to the US page.

Yep I'm definitely on the correct UK site, have ordered from there many times by now. It's very bizarre, the 128-page STA supplements are listed at £28, so £38 is a huge jump in price.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Leperflesh posted:

Maybe the Dune license costs more?

If that were true, I'd expect the other Dune hardcovers to be super-expensive too, but they're not -- Sand & Dust was 156 pages and Modiphius sells it for £30, pretty much identical to STA pricing.

For some reason only The Great Game has this crazy price hike going on.